Chapter

Hayes goes silent as he realized I was done.

My phone buzzes as I walk down 15th street.

I pick if up and sigh, goddamn world.

"Listen to me now, say anything to anyone and the deals off. Now go home and go to bed without dinner, you've gained a few pounds." He chuckled.

Okay that last part stung a little, but I decide to just say "okay" instead of yelling at him. My mother was waiting when I opened the door.

"I do not see why you like that boy..." She complained. I decide if I want to keep my cover I would have to act like I love him.

"What the hell mom, he's a great boyfriend and I love him more then I love you!" I hiss.

She looks at me with wide eyes, shaking her head.

" I'm not hungry, I'm going to bed." I mutter.

Later I hear crying downstairs.

"I ssswear he abuses her." I hear my mom weep.

"Honey, I'll go talk to the guy." My mothers adorably sweet boyfriend reassured her.

Fuck.

He's my moms only happiness and now he's going to get beat up, and its all gonna be my fault. My parents bedroom door slams and I know my mom went to bed. I cry myself almost to sleep when I hear the door bell ring. I know my mom will not answer it so I get up wash my face and I open the door. There stood two police officers.

"Hello? how may I help you?" I ask

They both take off there hats and one looks at me in the eye.

II'm sorry, we're here about Steve Lawrence, you are currently the only family he had left." The officer frowned. "He's passed away."

My heart drops, I can feel tears in my eyes,

"Dead..." I mummble

"His gone." The one officer says resting a hand in my shoulder

I fall to the floor, it's feels like my world is falling apart.

"Who did this!" I screech

"What's going on?" my mom stutters from behind you.

"I'm sorry mame, there was nothing we could do." the other officer says quietly.

"My hubby!" my mom screams then she same as I did falls to the floor next to me. We hung each other as we weep.

"Ho-How how did he die." I whisper

"He was shoot, we have not found the culprit yet, but I assure you we will." He adds convincingly

Then I let out a scream

"I know who the killer is." I whisper

I can't believe he would go this far.

My boyfriend killed my mothers lover.

Now he has gone to far.