.

Dear Reader,

The short story was based on the picture taken in the ocean near the Sumbawa Island of Indonesia by photographer and naturalist Justin Hofman. It was about a seahorse with a bright pink plastic cotton swab binded on its tail.

I reflected upon it and started to research on their lifestyle

I reflected upon it and started to research on their lifestyle. Sadly,  seahorses are on the threat of extinction. It is estimated by the American Fisheries Society that 37 million seahorses are being removed annually in 21 countries. They are kept as pets, collected to be an entertainment on aquariums, eaten as streetfood delicacies which are common in some parts of Asia and are being used as traditional Chinese medicine (sorry, no offense to some Chinese people).

Some of us may not be able to help in saving them but we can do some things that will lessen the impacts of plastic to Planet Earth. It is my desire that through this, you will be inspired to help save Planet Earth by reusing, reducing and recycling plastic. Doing this simple steps ensures us of a safe and habitable environment for this age and for the next generation. You and I can be a part of that change! Support sustainability!

Thank you for reading my short story.