"Already done!"

"Ew Caleb, that's gross!"

"You didn't think it was," he told me and leaned in so his breath was brushing where my neck, cheek, and ear met. The skin there tingled.

I pushed him back with a hand on his chest. I ignored how firm the muscles felt underneath my fingertips and looked away. His statement didn't even warrant a comment. He was becoming annoying again.

"Aw, don't push me away, you know you want me as much as I want you," he said smoothly leaning in and wrapping an arm around my waist. My gut clenched and I pushed myself as far into the trunk of the tree as I could. The rough bark rubbed against my skin painfully.

"There's nothing to want," I said, calling him on his bluff. "It's all flat. Nothing spectacular," I said knowingly.

"Well seeing as you haven't looked in the mirror lately, you wouldn't know that you have great hips, awesome figure, definitely sexy," he purred against my ear.

I won't lie, my heart was racing and my mouth was a little dry. The pain in my throat had faded to little more than a slight scratching in the presence of all these foreign emotions. A small flurry erupted in my belly and my ribs were burning for air. I had stopped breathing.

He noticed my reaction and brushed his nose very lightly against my neck, just under my ear. He was taking his time. He was playing with me. I went from flustered to annoyed in two seconds flat. I didn't like playing games unless I was in control.

"Don't you have a girl to screw?" I asked forcefully. I silently congratulated myself for the confidence in my voice.

"Is that your comeback for everything?" he asked, referencing yesterday's spectacle in the bathroom. "But to answer your question, no, I don't."

"I don't use it for everything. Only you."

Of course he mistakenly took that as a compliment, "Man, you already have special things just for me. I think you like me," as he said that he tilted his head so his lips brushed the words into my skin. My pulse started at the sudden contact and I squirmed in his grip.

"I think you're delusional," I spat out. I hated this. I didn't like feeling this vulnerable. I was already at a disadvantage without my sight and always a little uncertain. I didn't need to add to the pile of uncertainties with strange sensations.

"Well aren't we touchy?" he joked but didn't let go.

"You are the only touchy person here," I said pointedly and began attempting to pry myself out of his arms: a futile effort.

"Oh come on, it can't be that bad, I can feel your heart beat," he said playfully.

It sent my mind reeling. He could feel my heart beat. . . if I could feel his, then that could signify mates. Because he's alpha, finding his mate is the first priority and his sense are stronger. But what if he was joking? What if it was just our proximity? What if it really was him?

Questions clouded my mind and he took the opportunity to hoist me over his shoulder and storm out into the rain.

"Really! Really!?" I shouted to his back. He hiked out into the woods in god knows what direction and ignored my protests about his spontaneity and more importantly the placement of his hand on the back of my upper thigh.

"You little…little…NINCOMPOOP!" I screamed through the rain.

"Nincompoop? Really? Man it's embarrassing to even repeat it. Who even says that?" he laughed.

"I do Jackass!" I screeched in frustration.

He chuckled causing his shoulder to dig into my diaphragm which was not comfortable at all. I couldn't even scream I had so little air.