STRIPES (Episode XI)

Book One, Chapter 11-STRIPES

ISAIAH 53:5 KJV

→"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

SCENE ONE:

King is prancing around in a circle, chanting excitedly, "Crucify him!" He cries red and clear tears of joy and ecstasy with his book still in his hands as usual.

Shikauhno and Maku are taking cover behind festival decorations and stands, feasting their eyes on the horrible scene before them.

They watch intently as Nani is being forcefully dragged by the chains into the mouth of the cross.

"Nani." Shikauhno utters in worry.

Maku thinks to himself, 'This doesn't look good.'

"What should we do?" Shikauhno questions Maku expectantly. "We can't just sit here and watch. We have to save Nani," she pauses clutching her weapon and decides, "I'm going in."

Maku instructs Shikauhno to wait but she disobeys his commands and runs after King with Shizukana in her hand.

Maku sighs and stands from his crouching position thinking, 'They're just alike.'

As King turns around he notices Shikauhno coming at him. He stops dancing instantly and his eyes widen in a crazed surprise.

While King is distracted with Shikauhno, Maku makes his way over to Naninatso.

Opening Credits of TheRemnant

SCENE TWO:

Shikauhno recklessly charges King head on.

King dodges by diving to the floor and rolling around dramatically.

Meanwhile, Maku approaches Nani.

When Nani notices him he shouts, "Maku!" He reaches out to Maku and grabs his wrists tightly.

"Help me." He utters like a terrified child.

Maku nods and attempts to free Nani by breaking the chains using the help of MAshido, but to no avail.

"Hurry!" He demands Maku.

Maku glances back at the cross with a concerned look on his face.

"If-if I stay like this," his voice wavers, "If I'm dragged in there, then it's..."

Maku stops him, "Calm down, we'll find a way."

Nani bows his head to the ground and mutters, "Okay." He releases a wavering breath and repeats, "Okay."

SCENE THREE: SHIKAUHNO VS, KING

King is now very swift and agile, successfully dodging Shikauhno's attack attempts. Shikauhno's eyes narrow intensely as she comes at him with everything.

Even though he is quick, Shikauhno manages to keep up with his speed and deflect his melee attacks. 

SCENE FOUR: MAKU AND NANI

While holding the chains that are connected to Nani and the cross Maku begins to declare, "They're resisting."

Maku thinks something over in his head and explains to Nani carefully, "I'm going to try cutting you out; from the looks of it, it seems to be our only option."

Nani nods slowly and hesitantly.

"I'll restore your limbs as quickly as possible, I give you my word."

Naninatso nods in understanding.

SCENE FIVE: SHIKAUHNO VS. KING

"Ahhh!" Shikauhno swings Shizukana at King's head. He bends all the way backward to avoid it.

He jumps up and comes running at Shikauhno with his tongue hanging out of his mouth like a dog. 

Shikauhno puts up Shizukana to block King. King sweeps her legs from underneath her and jumps on her as she falls. King is on top of her with his tongue still out. He throws a fist up in the air and then brings it down to start pounding on her.

Shikauhno blocks with her arms and successfully flips him up and off of her.

'He feels even lighter than I expected. If I hurry and kill him, then it'll free Naninatso. I have to do everything in my power to make sure that happens.'

King is still on the floor, kneeling on all fours, while Shikauhno presses on with the attack.

King backs away like a skittering spider, holding his book between his teeth.

The fight has reached a deadlock.

Shikauhno narrows her eyes and holds Shizukana horizontally.

King slowly stands up. He hangs his head low. He takes his book out of his mouth and holds it in his hand loosely.

He holds the other arm out in silence, limply like a scarecrow.

The tassel at the end of Shizukana floats in the air and moves on its own. The blade begins to tremble and glow in Shikauhno's hand.

Shikauhno takes notice and is taken aback, 'What are you trying to show me, Shizukana?'

As the glowing continues to intensify Shikauhno grits her teeth and charges at a still King.

IN SLOW MOTION Shizukana's blade makes its way towards King's neck, ready to make direct contact.

Suddenly, someone kicks the blade upwards and shoves King out of the way, ultimately preventing him from Shikauhno's attack.

Shizukana's blade bursts into countless pieces and falls to the ground.

A line of blood becomes apparent on Shikahno's cheek and her eyes widen in confusion.

The tassel floats in Shikauhno's hand then turns limp.

Shikauhno slowly looks over to observe King and the unknown assailant.

She looks down at his feet then her eyes travel upward to take in his full appearance.

©

To be continued...

つづく

Upload date-  11/7/18