Acceptance, Change, Fate, & Faith (Final Part)

SCENE SEVENTEEN: THE NEXT DAY, MASAKU CONVENIENCE STORE

Maku is mopping the floor of a convenience store. There is one cashier stand, a freezer aisle in the back, and a few short aisles in a neat row placed in front of the freezer aisle. Maku is wearing a plain jacket and brown undershirt with khakis. As Maku is mopping the sound of a jingling bell feels the air. Maku stops at what he is doing and walks from out of the last aisle.

SFX: BELLS JINGLING

He begins to speak, "I'm sorry but we're..."

He trails off as he realizes no one has entered the store. "...closed."

He slowly walks to the ajar door and peaks his head out. There is no one outside or anyone nearby.

"Hm?"

Maku closes the door back. As he is walking passed the cashier stand he notices a square box of cornstarch on the counter.

Maku picks it up and begins to place it back in it's rightful section, which is the second aisle. Before he can set it down he notices there is something else designating the space. Maku picks up a sealed envelope that is addressed to him. He sets the cornstarch down where the envelope was. The camera focuses on the front of the letter which is written in shakey, cursive penmanship and red ink. The letter is written on papyrus.

Instead of reading the letter Maku knowingly folds it up and tucks it into his inner jacket pocket.

From behind, Maku hears someone slurping something. He turns around to see Saku. She is wearing a jogger suit.

"What a slow day today." Saku hands Maku some keys.

He answers, "We've had worse." He then proceeds to lock the front door to MAsaku.

"I heard bells, did anybody walk in?"

"I didn't see anyone."

Saku shrugs and nonchalantly sips her drink.

SCENE EIGHTEEN: THE NEXT DAY

Shikauhno is standing outside of MAsaku with a gym bag in her hands. Her hair is in a ponytail and she is wearing her arm warmer, backpack, jeans, and a white and gray sweater that goes up to her chin.

The scene is silent. The camera shows Maku on the other side of the door whom is opening up the store. After unlocking the front door, he opens up the shade over the square door's window to see Shikauhno standing outside.

Shikauhno bows and looks away shyly.

SCENE NINETEEN:

Shikauhno is sitting behind the counter at the front-end of MAsaku. She is doing homework. Maku approaches her with a broom in his hand. She looks up at him expectantly.

"Here." Maku says as he extends the broom to her. "Your training begins now."

"With a broom?"

"This is a convenience store after all, it must be clean for the customers." Maku answers seriously with a playful hint.

Shikauhno looks around at the empty store.

"When not defeating fallen our customers are top priority."

Shikauhno sighs. As he hands her the broom the bottom half falls off.

SCENE TWENTY: UNKNOWN SETTING

The camera focuses on the deep blue ocean as the sun begins to rise again. The sky is red and the moon is still visible in the distance.

The book is still sitting on the sand, partly covered in sand blown by the gentle wind.