Chapter 44

"What time will you be back?" I asked August as I took a seat on his bed. "Maybe in a hour, I shouldn't be gone that long." I nodded. "....And Ariana's coming over here?" He sighed. "Yeah, she should be here any minute now." He grabbed a shirt out of his drawer and put it on. "When's my mama and lil sis coming over?" I chuckled at the fact that he refers to my family as his.

"They should be here soon, the hotel's not to far from here." He nodded. "You need anything before I go?" I shook my head no. "Im good, you just have fun at your appointment. He smirked. "I'll try."

ARIANA P.O.V.

I parked in Augusts' driveway and frowned once I seen another car pull up beside me. "Who the hell?" I mumbled. I didn't recognize the car, so I automatically knew it was someone I never met before. I slowly stepped out the car and shut the door. I turned around to see a older woman and a girl, getting out of the car.

I hit the locks on my keyring and walked passed them,making my way towards the cobblestone path. "Hello." I turned around to see the woman smiling at me. "Hi." I let out a soft smile, wondering who they were. I wallked up to the door and knocked twice. "You must be a friend of Simone's." The lady said with a smile. "Im Lillian, Simone's mother, and this is my daughter Kelsey." the girl shot me a small smile before looking back down at her phone screen.

"....Im Ariana." She lifted a brow and looked me up and down. "Oh, your Ariana." I frowned. "Yeah...am I missing something?" She shook her head. "No, I just heard alot about you, that's all." Her daughter giggled a little, keeping her eyes on her phone. I opened my mouth to speak, but the sound of the locks clicking, stopped me.

We all turned around to the front door, waiting for the door to open. "Hey mom." I sighed once I seen Simone open the door. "You guys can come in." They both walked passed me and stepped inside the house. "It was nice meeting you....Ariana." The girl said to me as she walked passed me. I rolled my eyes a little, I could tell she had a attitude problem.

"I'll tell August your here." Simone said to me. I nodded and watched her close the door. I stood outside wondering why the hell Simone was here, and most importantly where the hell her family came from all of a sudden. I was thrown out of all of my thoughts when the front door opened again. I smiled once I seen August stepping out of the house. "Hey, you ready." "Yeah." He said lowly.

He locked the front door and walked towards his car,leaving me behind him. He climbed into the car and I followed suit. "Im excited to see what's going on with the baby." I said as I buckled my seatbelt. "I am too." I smirked. "Really?" He started up the car and backed out of the driveway. "Yeah, it's my child, why wouldn't I be." I shrugged.

"....I see Simone's at the house." He nodded and rubbed his chin. ".....Did she have a appointment or something?" He shook his head no. "....So why is she there??" He looked over at me and frowned. "Cause she can be, why you always got so many questions about her??"

"Why are you always defending her?" I asked, ignoring his question. He chuckled and shook his head. "So you not gunna answer me?" I folded my arms across my chest and waited for him to answer. "Im defending her because she's my girl." My eyes widened. "Your back with Simone?" He nodded, keeping his eyes on the road. "Wow...we only been broken up for a few weeks and your already back with her? I thought you were different." He frowned. "The fuck you talkin bout?"

"You had to be cheating on me with her the whole time, there's no way you guys would have gotten back together that quick." He sucked his teeth.."I wasn't, but whatever, ain't no need to even have that conversation." I frowned. "So if you didn't cheat, how come you got back with her so fast????"

"Cause I love her." He simply stated. I scoffed and shook my head. "Right, like how you loved me?" "Wrong." I rolled my eyes and looked out the window for the rest of the ride.