Chapter 40

I threw my bag over my shoulder and glanced over at the clock. "Good, Im on time." I mumbled. I pushed my chair into my desk and grabbed my keys and phone that were sitting on the edge. Even though I had forgiven August a few days ago, he still insisted on taking me out again, I guess to celebrate our new found friendship. I walked out to the front of the store and found Kerri and Ellis. "Alright, August should be here in a few minutes, I'll see you guys tommorow." Kerri nodded. "Alright, have fun." I smiled. "Thanks."

"Use a condom." Ellis said in the same tone. I frowned. "What?" He looked up from the shirts he was folding and chuckled. "You heard me, use a condom." I shook my head. "We're just going to a bakery..and besides, were not even thinking like that." Ellis fanned me off. "Mhm, whatver, enjoy your little lunch date." I nodded. "I will."

"What time will he be here?" Kerri asked as she opened a new box of clothes. "Any minute now, actually." She smiled. "Im glad you guys are cool again, it's less drama this way." I nodded in agreement. "I know...me too." My phone vibrated in my hand, causing me to look down. "It's August, I'll see you guys later." They both nodded.

I walked out the shop and quickly got into his car. "Hey." I said with a soft smile. "Wassup." He started up the car and drove off. "You look nice." He glanced over at me and smiled. "Really?" I looked down at my tshirt and jeans. "...Im not dressed up." He nodded. "I know...you just always look good." I frowned. "...Thanks." I looked out the window, ending the conversation.

*********************************

"So wassup, what's new?." He said leaning back into his chair. I wiped my mouth on a napkin and shrugged. "Not much, what's new with you." He rubbed his chin and smiled. "Not too much, Im taking a trip soon." I lifted a brow. "Really, to where??"

"The Bahamas." My eyes widened. "Wow, what made you wanna go there all of a sudden?" He chuckled. "I been workin hard, I just wanna break now, and I never been there before." "Mmm well, have fun, I heard it's beautiful there." I took another bite out of my cupcake and leaned back in my seat. "Yeah....you should come with me." I quickly looked up from my plate and smirked. "What?" He smiled back at me. "You should come, you know, you pregnant and all..it's a good way to relax."

I smiled. "Thanks, but no thanks, you go and enjoy yourself." He sucked his teeth. "Come on ma, you know you wanna go, I heard they give some bomb ass massages out there...I know how y'all pregnant women love y'all massages and shit." I chuckled. "That's true, but It's fine, it's your trip..have fun." He sighed. "Ima be all alone, but ight." I smirked. "You'll be fine." He opened up his mouth to speak, but his phone ringing on the table stopped him. "Hol on ma." I nodded and watched him leave the table.

AUGUST P.O.V.

I walked off towards the men's bathroom and stepped inside. I answered the phone and placed it to my ear.

ME: "Wassup."

CRAIG: "You got a minute? Or are you with Simone??"

ME: "I am, but she's not around...did you do what I needed you to do for me?"

CRAIG: "Yeah, I called the number you gave me, they said they started looking."

I took a sigh of relief.

ME: "Ight good, and how long will it take?"

CRAIG: "By the end of the week."

ME: "Damn, I leave for the Bahamas on Monday, how the fuck am I suppose to get this together??"

CRAIG: "Ion know."

I sighed.

ME: "Tell them I need them to speed the process up, I need everything done by Friday."

CRAIG: "Ight."

ME: "Call me later."

I hung up the phone and walked out the bathroom. I knew I was cutting everything close, but I needed this to be done asap.

**********************************

SIMONE P.O.V.

"Thanks for taking me out today." I stepped out of Augusts' car. "You don't gotta thank me ma." I chuckled. "I know." "I'll call you tommorow." I nodded. "Okay." I smiled at him and watched him drive off. I took the elevator up to my floor and paused once I saw Trey standing at my door.

"Trey, hey...I didn't know you were coming over." I unlocked my front door and motioned for him to come inside. "You alright?" I shut the door behind him, and turned around. "Not really....Im going out of town again." I frowned. "What?? Why??" He sighed and rubbed his chin. "My mother passed away this morning." I placed my hand over my mouth in shock. "Oh my god Trey, Im so sorry." He nodded. I could tell he was trying to hold it together infront of me.

"Her funeral is Friday, so I wanna fly out early to help out..and just be with my family right now." I nodded. "Of course, I'll get Kerri and Ellis to cover for me, I'll fly out there with you." He shook his head. "You don't have to do that." I fanned him off. "I want to, besides your mom was so sweet to me, I wanna pay my respects to her." He cracked a small smile. "Thank you for that, but it's fine, I can go by myself, besides I don't want you flying anymore."

I sighed. "I can still fly Trey, it's unsafe to fly at 8 months." He nodded. "And your 7 months." "7 isn't 8." He sighed. "Im not taking that risk alright, just stay here and I'll be back." I sat down on the couch and nodded. "...Fine...when will you be back?" "Two weeks."

I nodded. "Alright...be safe..and call me when you land." He walked over to the couch and stood me up. "I will." I pulled him into a tight hug. "Im sorry Trey." I said lowly. He held onto my body, as I held onto him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Don't get to comfortable with these drama free chapters lol.

Vote/Comment!!