Chapter 7

"So you guys are finally on good terms?" Trey asked me as he pulled his head out the fridge. "Something like that I guess, we just agreed to get along." I reached over and grabbed Trey's remote of the coffee table. "That's good, Im glad everyone's being mature about this." I nodded and turned on the TV. "So how long are you staying?" "Um, I don't know, you want me to leave?" Trey chuckled. "No it's fine, you know your always welcome over my place." I smirked and set my eyes back on the TV.

Instead of going home after my appointment today, I decided on staying over Trey's house for awhile, just so we can chill and talk like we used to. Even though we weren't together, we still had a friendship, and I was grateful for that. "So the appoitment went smoothly?" "Yeah everything was fine, August was basically trying to take everything in." He chuckled. "I don't blame him, I was the same way at my first appointment." He walked over and sat next to me on the couch.

"You didn't make me any?" I asked motioning to his plate. "My bad I didn't know you were hungry." I frowned. "Im pregnant Trey, Im always hungry." I got up from the couch slowly, and made my way into his kitchen. "I can make you a plate you know." I shook my head. "It's fine." I grabbed a plate and fork and began to scoop some food onto my plate. I walked back over to the couch and sat down. "You good now?" I nodded and started eating. Just then, Trey's phone vibrated on the table. He quickly picked it up and glanced at the screen.

"Who is it?" I asked stuffing a fork full of spaghetti in my mouth. Trey answered the phone and placed it up to his ear. "Hello?" I sat back on the couch and watched him as he talked to whoever was on the phone. "Hows everything going?" He leaned up from the couch, continuing his conversation. "Yeah I know, I promise I'll come see you soon." I lifted a brow, wondering who he could be talking to. "I'l call you back once I get everything together alright, love you." I cleared my throat a little and waited for his call to be over.

He hung up his phone and sat it back down on the table. "...who was that?" I asked with a smirk. Trey chuckled. "Why you so nosy?" I sat my plate down on the table and scoffed. "I am not nosy, I just wanted to know." "Uh huh, that's called being nosy." Trey sat back on the couch and continued to eat. "I mean...from the sound of it, it seems like you were talking to a female." Trey nodded. "If your talking to someone Trey, you can tell me, it's cool." Trey chuckled and shook his head. "Just let it go, alright?" I frowned. "So you are talking to someone!" I exclaimed. "What's her name?" Trey chuckled again. "Simone, just let it go, we're not talking about this." I grabbed my plate off the table and sighed. "Fine, be like that." I layed back and finished my food.

THE NEXT DAY

I sat in my office, processing online orders, when my door flew open. I looked up to see Ellis in the doorway. "Can I help you?" I asked, setting my eyes back on the computer screen. "You can't, but that fiiiiiiine piece of man out there can." I frowned and stopped typing. "What man?" Ellis chuckled and looked down at his nails. "Yo baby daddy." I sighed. "Who Ellis? stop playing." He flipped his hair over his shoulder and smiled. "You know Im talking about Trey girl, August ain't stepping foot up in here if Ariana ain't attached to his hip." I chuckled and stood up from my seat. "You right about that."

I walked passed Ellis and made my way out to the front of the shop. Once I seen Trey sitting at one of the couches, I smiled a little to myself. "Hey, what are you doing here?" I sat down on the couch across from him. "I just wanted to come by and see how you were doing." He shot me a smile that showed all of his teeth. "....You never drop by just to see how Im doing.." I lifted a brow and looked him up and down. "I know, that's why I decided on stopping by, I got this for you." I looked down at the table to see two styrofoam containers.

"You brought me lunch?" I asked eyeing him. "Like you said, your always hungry, I decided on bringing you something to eat." I slowly opened up the container and smirked. "Steak, potatoes and brocolli? Whats the catch?" I closed the container and sat back on the couch. "There's no catch, why does there have to be a catch??" He asked smiling widely. I examined his body and something was off to me. Trey was nice but he was never this nice, and I wanted to know why.

"Oh! I almost forgot." He reached into his bag and pulled out a bottle of A1 sauce. "Really?" I asked in a chuckle. "What the hell is going on??" Trey shook his head. "Nothing....all I want you to do is enjoy your food.....and remember this moment." "What am I remembering this moment for?" I said with a frown. "Just remember it, alright?" He stood up from the couch and winked at me. "Where are you going?" He walked towards the door smoothly. "Back to work, I'll call you later." I sighed and watched him walk through the door. Something was up with Trey, I could just feel it. I opened up my container of food and grabbed my plastic fork.

"Damn girl, he ain't even yo man and he bringing you 5 star meals and shit." Ellis said leaning over the couch. "I know, Trey's nice...but he's not 5 star meal nice." Ellis chuckled. "Mhmm he being a little to nice sus...he tryna get back with you or nah??" I shook my head. "No, he made it pretty clear to me he wanted to be just friends..but he did tell me to remember this moment." Ellis nodded. "Mhmm he want you back." I sighed. "No he doesnt E, I don't know what is is, but Im sure it's not that." Ellis fanned me off. "Well we gon see......is you gon eat that or....?" I sucked my teeth. "Yes Im gunna eat it, and NO you can't have any."

Ellis sucked his teeth and stood up straight. "You see, you just stingy. Im hungry as hell and you ain't even gon give a real girl a piece. Up in here running a sweatshop." I chuckled. "Are you done?" I asked while cutting up my food. "Hell no Im not done." He started. "Got us working up in here in this hot ass shop, folding clothes. I coulda stayed home with my broken AC, and folded my own goddamn clothes." I sighed and stood up from the couch. I knew Ellis was about to give me a long ass useless speech.

"Walking back and forth, stocking shelves, my feet hurt!" I sighed and walked back into my office, with Ellis trailing behind me. "You better get me a damn gift certificate for a pedicure or a feet scrub, I ain't playin cause-" All of a sudden, my office phone rang, cutting Ellis' speech short. I chuckled a little to myself and turned around to answer it.

ME: "Thank You for calling Serenity Boutique, This is Simone speaking, how may I help you?"

AUGUST: "That never gets old ma."

I smirked.

ME: "August? Why didn't you call me on my phone?"

AUGUST: "Ariana randomnly goes through my phone, and if she see's your name, she'll start asking a bunch of questions ion got time for."

I chuckled.

ME: "Okay, so why not just delete the call?"

AUGUST: "Im tryin this whole honesty thing with her, ion need the drama."

ME: "Right...well wassup? I know you didn't call about clothes."

I chuckled and shifted the phone to my right ear.

AUGUST: "Nah, actually I was just calling to check in, it's been a few days since I seen you, I wanted to know if you needed anything."

ME: "No, Im good actually, Trey's taking me to my next appointment, so no worries."

AUGUST: "Ight cool...speaking of dude, he called me today."

I frowned.

ME: "Trey called you?"

AUGUST: "Yeah I missed the call, but he left a message telling me to call em back, you gave him my number?"

ME: "No, not that I know of."

AUGUST: "Well he got it, did he tell you he was gon call me?"

ME: "No..he didn't...did he say anything else on the message?"

AUGUST: "Nah, just that it was important and I needed to call him back soon."

ME: "....Alright well, I'll talk to him and see what's up, thanks for telling me."

AUGUST: "Ight, call me if you need me."

ME: "Yeah."

I hung up the phone and leaned up agaisnt my desk. "What was that about?" I heard Kerri asked from behind me. I turned around swiftly and sighed. "August said Trey called him..." Kerri frowned. "For what?" She placed a few papers on my desk and walked back to the door. "I don't know, but Im going to find out, that's for sure."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What y'all think Trey wanted from August??

Vote/Comment!!