•thirty eight•

Start from the beginning

He looks past you, shooting a look towards the two men behind. You watch his expression change slightly, as if he's almost giving a warning sign. Hoseok dumbly tilts his head and stares back while Yoongi nudges him, knowing what Jungkook was trying to say.

"Come on. We can finish this off in my studio." he says, already getting up from his chair and grabbing his phone off the desk.

Hoseok blinks and looks at Jungkook's expression again, noticing the slight impatience growing in his face. "Oh, you guys want to be alone?" he points out the obvious.

Yoongi's eyes roll to the ceiling as Hoseok scrambles to save his work on his computer, making the only noise that was breaking silence the frantic clicking of the mouse. Feeling Jungkook's impatience wearing even thinner, Yoongi grasps Hoseok's tiny wrist and drags him past you and out of the studio in a hurry. Hoseok flashes a comforting grin at you before the door closes again and it's only the two of you.

Your eyes shift from the door to find Jungkook's gaze fixed on yours.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he immediately asks, cutting the silence with a knife.

You swallow calmly, knowing this conversation was going to happen at some point. "I'm sorry, Jungkook. I really am." Your apology comes out painful and Jungkook notices the true guilt in your face.

His features mingle as a frown forms. He doesn't understand why you're feeling so guilty out of nowhere. The last thing he wants is for you to put all of this on yourself.

"No, babe. You're the last person who needs to apologize right now." he grabs your wrist gently again and intertwines his fingers with yours. "I'm just trying to figure out why you didn't come to me when something like that happened to you."

You sigh and nod, none of the guilt washing away from you face.

"You're right. If I had just told you in the first place then none of you would've gotten hurt and I probably would have even stayed if I had just calmed down and told you because I know you and I know you would help me think everything through and then I wouldn't be so stupid and leave you. Because I know you probably thought I left Korea because of you but I don't think I did cause I know you never intended any of-"

Jungkook lays one fingers onto your lips, cutting off your words. His action leaves you confused and you simply wait for him to say something.

"Has anyone ever told you that you talk to much?" he says, his features softening. You could see the gentleness returning to his face as he looks down at you, his heart flutters in his chest secretly.

Even when you were ranting he still adored you. It was almost impossible for him not to.

A slight tint of red makes its way onto your cheeks and you blink repetitively, looking down and deciding to stare at your shoes. Jungkook lightly lifts your chin with his fingers so that your eyes unfailingly meet his again.

"Whatever happened with Jimin was none of your fault and I hope you won't ever think that it was." he says firmly.

You nibble on the inside of your lip, still feeling some form of guilt not being able to wash away.

"I forgave you, Y/N. You don't have to feel guilty about anything anymore because it's all in the past and it's forgotten, honestly." he holds his strong gaze into your orbs, trying his best to make you understand.

"Have you forgiven Jimin?" you ask, bringing back a slight tension to the atmosphere.

His hand drops from your chin along with his eyes. He lets out a sigh, thinking about his conversation before. "Not yet. But we talked....."