What Have I Done To Deserve This

Karma has no menu, you get served what you deserve.
______________________________________________

Grace walked down the ortho halls looking for her target. 'Callie!'

Callie Torres turned and smiled at her. 'Grace, how you doing today?'

'Not bad, you?'

'I'm good. You needing something?'

Grace nodded and held out a chart. 'One of my patients is coming in, she tripped and might have a broken ankle. She doesn't have brittle bones, but she does break more easily than most. I wanted you to have a look when she gets here, if you have the time.'

'Sure,' Callie said as she read over the chart. 'I'll come up to you as soon as I've checked my patients.'

'Thanks, Callie, I'll get the x-rays done and I'll buy you a coffee later, yeah?' Grace said as she started walking away again.

Callie shouted after her. 'And I want some muffins tomorrow!'

___________________________________________

Grace looked at the x-rays with Callie as she handed over the promised cup of coffee. 'Damn it.'

'Yeah, it's pretty bad,' Callie ran a finger across the films. 'This bit especially, she's going to need surgery, get some pins put in.'

'Well, she's at six months, so in the unlikely event the stress triggers labour, the baby will have good odds.'

Callie nodded and took the films down again. 'Come on then, we better go tell her.'

___________________________________________

Grace followed the Chief, who looked like he was on a mission. She stopped when she saw him knock on a door.

'Can I help you Chief?' Miranda's voice came from the partially opened door.

'Doctor Bailey…I don't know what you're doing in there, but whatever it is…' Richard trailed off as the door opened wide. 'Oh. Oh, no. Um…Doctor Bailey, I'm…sorry. Carry on.' He walked off looking very uncomfortable.

Before Miranda could shut the door again, Grace darted over. 'What are you still doing here? I thought Tuck had been discharged?'

'Gracie?'

Grace frowned at the sound of Addison's voice in the room behind Miranda. 'Addie?'

Miranda stepped back and let her into the room before shutting the door behind her.

Walking around the curtain Grace found Addie with her feet in the stirrups and a cover partially hiding her.

'Addie?'

Addison just cried a bit and gestured to her legs.

Moving slightly, Grace took a look and winced. 'Oh, sweetie, that does not…did you just decide to sit on it or som – ' She stopped as Addie cried harder and nodded. Grace looked at Miranda for an explanation.

'Apparently, while walking the dog, she needed to pee, and rather than wake her husband. She just…well.' Miranda waved a hand at Addison. 'You, try the icepack for her again. I'll be back in a minute.'

Grace nodded absently as Miranda disappeared. 'Oh Addie…' she sat on the stool and grabbed the icepack.

'It's karma.' Addie sobbed out. 'I slept with Mark and this is what I get.'

'Sweetie, I don't think it works that way, otherwise a lot of women would have poison oak on their downstairs.' She chuckled but quickly stopped when Addie glared at her. 'Sorry, look, sleeping with Mark? Yeah, bad idea. But Addie, you were lonely, you can't be blamed for that part.'

Addie just nodded and kept crying.

Grace heard voices outside the room and looked up as the door opened. 'I'll get out of here.' She said, before giving Addie a comforting smile. As she walked around the curtain her smile faded at the sight of Derek. 'Shepherd. I'll see you later Miranda.'
____________________________________________

Back at her loft, Grace found herself walking in to a freshly cooked meal.

Grace smiled brightly at Mark. 'You're amazing, you know that, right?'

'Yes, yes I do.' Mark took her jacket from her, and her bag, and showed her to a seat where her meal was waiting. 'I was surprised when you text to say you'd be late. What happened?'

'One woman tripped and had a broken ankle so I had to be in that surgery to monitor the baby. Then, not long after, three women came in, one of which was six weeks early.'

Mark smiled as he sat opposite her. 'So, three new lives in the world today?' She nodded. 'A good day then.' He held out his glass of wine and Grace clinked hers against it.

'To life.' She said with a grin. 'Even when it's exhausting.'

'To life.'

___________________________________________

A/N: I'm so sorry everyone for updating slowly. It has been too long. The reason for that is because I was really busy with school, my internship and my work. I make really long days and when I get home, the only thing I want to do is go to bed. It's exhausting. Luckily I have two days off and the weekend isn't busy as it has to be so I think I'm going to update as much as I can, just for you all!