Make Me Lose Control

One of the hardest parts of life is deciding whether to walk away or try harder.
____________________________________________

Grace wasn't around for Ellis Grey's admittance but she did hear about it very quickly. She got to Richard's office just as Meredith was walking in the opposite direction.

'She told you?' Grace said quietly, making him startle.

'Grace, oh, yes, she did.' Then something occurred to him. 'You're not surprised?'

'I saw her coming out of the home one day, they specialise in this kind of thing. I never told Meredith what I saw though.' She walked in and put a coffee and bagel on the table. 'I was told you escaped, so I brought this. Page me if you need me.'

'Thanks,' Richard said with a nod. 'I will.'

Grace left then, knowing he wouldn't be up for talking much.

___________________________________________

Following the nurse towards the shouting, Grace find Ellis Grey freaking out on O'Malley.

'Please get some haloperidol.'

'Don't you give me that look.' Ellis said spitefully to George as Karev and Meredith came up behind Grace. 'That sad little soulful, little puppy routine. I know it by heart, Thatch, and I'm over it. I don't want to hear about your day, or your students, for your pathetic little research grants! My…' Elis broke off and took a breath. 'My work is what counts. It's what pays for this house. It pays for you and it pays for Meredith. And for your precious lifestyle. So why won't you just leave me alone and let me do it?

Ellis stormed back to her bed and got on it. 'Meredith may think she needs you, but I sure as hell don't.'

Grace felt Meredith walk off as the nurse returned with the sedative. 'I'll take that, Marie.' She walked into the room and over to the bed. 'Doctor Grey, I am Doctor Mason, I've just got to give you this shot, some kind of new surgery procedure.'

Ellis didn't respond to this but she seemed to settle slightly. So Grace didn't need to have O'Malley or Karev hold Ellis while she did the shot.

'Thank you Doctor Grey, someone will be nearby if you need them.'

Grace disposed of the used needle and ushered Karev and O'Malley out. 'Try to find a topic that is familiar and routine to her current state of mind and treating her will be a lot easier.'

O'Malley nodded at her and Grace turned to leave.

___________________________________________

Grace was sat with Miranda in the observation room doing paperwork when Izzy came in and sat on the other side of Miranda.

'You have a problem?' Miranda asked after looking at her.

'No.'

'You have a mocha latte and a hot chocolate?'

Izzy seemed confused. 'No.'

'Then go away.'

Izzy chuckled slightly. 'Actually, I need a new assignment. The Shepherds' preemie case is non-surgical.'