Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer

Missing someone is your heart's way of reminding you that you love them.
_

__________________________________________

Grace handed over the bag to Miranda as they walked into the hospital together.

'What is…?' Miranda looked into the bag that was more full than usual. 'How many of these damn things have you made this year?' She asked after seeing a dozen fully decorated Christmas cookies.

'I was off yesterday and I didn't get much sleep last night, Mark got an interesting case and called me at four to tell me about it.' Grace lifted her hot chocolate. 'This actually has an expresso mixed into it.'

Miranda stopped and stared at her. 'Should I be worried?'

'There's a box with some at the Maternity, NICU and Surgical nurse's stations as well as one in the pit. They've all got about three dozen cookies in. Plus, I made a box for the Chief to take home for him and Adele and I made some for Addie and Derek. This is my second expresso chocolate, I just happened to meet you coming back in.'

'Please. Do not. Have. Any. More.' Miranda said slowly and carefully. 'No more.'

Grace just smiled and walked off.

'I mean it Grace!'

'Doctor Mason?'

Grace stopped humming and bouncing in place to turn around. George was stood behind her in the elevator. 'Hello George, I didn't see you there. How are you today?'

'I'm…good? And you?' George seemed very confused by her…energetic demeanour.

'I'm operating on caffeine today George, it's Christmas, I made cookies – want one?' She held out the bag in her hand and George hesitantly took one. 'I have no cases that have any obvious problems and it isn't raining too much. It's a good day today.'

The doors opened and George walked out backwards. 'Thank you, I'll…see you around Doctor Mason…?'

'Bye George!' Grace told him with a wave.

'You've had coffee,' Addie said accusingly when they crossed paths in the hall.

'Hey Addie!' Grace said with a smile. 'Did you get the cookies I left on your desk? I didn't decorate them too much since I know what Derek's like.'

'Yeah I got – '

'Oh, if you see Miranda tell her I left her box with Debbie at the nurse's station.'

'I will, but you – '

Grace bounced into the elevator as it opened. 'Gotta go Addie, I'll see you later!'
_

__________________________________________

Grace came up behind Preston and dangled a bag in front of his face. 'Here you go!'

'Son of - !' Preston jumped and turned around in about one second flat. 'Grace!'

'I made cookies! This is your share, a half dozen. Enjoy!'
_

__________________________________________

Derek stepped into the elevator she was on and Grace made a concentrated effort to not bounce, or talk or sing Christmas songs. She'd already heard from Addie that he wasn't in the holiday mood at the moment, and given that she was, she was trying to be nice.