Yesterday

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
______________________________________________

Grace was walking towards the surgical reception when she froze at the sight of a familiar back near Meredith.

'Mark?' Grace called out, expecting to be wrong. Only to have her best friend turn towards her with a grin. 'Mark!' She squealed and ran at him, throwing her arms around his neck and letting him pick her up like always.

'Hey there Gracie!'

'What are you doing here? Why didn't you tell me you were coming?' Grace asked quickly before changing her mind. 'Never mind, I don't care. I'm just glad to see you!' She dropped off of him but stayed close. 'I see you met – '

Suddenly a fist slammed into Mark's face, dropping him to the floor.

'What the hell was that?' Meredith demanded of Derek.

'That, was Mark.' Derek said before walking off. Grace saw Addie fellow him before she switched her attention to her friend was shaking his head a little touching his cheek.

'You're not helping me up Gracie?'

Grace folded her arms and looked at him. 'First, I'm six inches shorter than you, get yourself off the floor. Second you're getting no sympathy because you deserved it.'

Mark stood and smirked at her. 'You still missed me.'

'Of course,' she rolled her eyes and walked off. 'I'll get you a coffee.'

'And I want your muffins!' He shouted after her.

Grace just laughed and ignored that.
____________________________________________

She walked into the exam room as Mark held a mirror out to Meredith.

'It's fine Grey,' Grace said, putting his coffee to the side. 'He's just about the best plastic surgeon there is.'

'Just about?' Mark put on a wounded look. 'Gracie, I'm hurt.'

'You'll live.'

Mark chuckled and started stitching. 'Alright, alright. I should get an x-ray done.'

'Derek does have a good swing.' Grace took the mirror from Grey and stood it on the table in the right light. 'Grey, go sort it.'

'Yes, Doctor Mason.' Meredith turned and left the room.

'Since when do you call him Derek?'

Grace shrugged a bit. 'A month or so. I just, didn't want to carry on disliking him. Though, no doubt the amicable thing we've had going will stop short now.'

'And you and Addie?'

'Same as always really. Some awkward moments but we're fine.'

Mark smiled slightly. 'Good to know. We avoided either of them whenever we talked. Even when I came here for Christmas.'

Just then Karev walked in.

Grace smiled at him. 'Mark, this is Doctor Alex Karev, Karev, Mark Sloan.'

'Nice to meet you Doctor Sloan. How are you Doctor Mason?'