Chapter 5: His Past

Guys, Girls, and they's.....I have found an amazing song, dat started out singin bout shrimp....then it turned into a whole rap song! Im blown away 😲! Ya gotta listen to it either after this chapter, or before, cause....it's just great. ANYWAYS! This chapter takes place at the time when Todoroki and Bakugo were 'chatting' in the locker room. Except, this is what Kirishima and Midoriya talked bout. (Ahem!  @Flowerkitten0284)

🦐🍤🦐🦐🍤🦐🦐🍤🦐🦐🍤🦐🦐🍤🦐🦐🍤🦐🦐🍤🦐🦐🍤🦐🦐🍤🦐🦐🍤🦐🦐🍤

  Midoriya's P.O.V 

  I feel sick.

  Not the kinda cough and puke sick (though I do kinda feel like puking) but the kind where it feels like your bottling too much emotions, too much thoughts. Yesterday when I encountered that lady, and when she was afraid of me, that tore me inside. The worst part is, is that I have no idea why she was so scared." Was it because of Kirishima's quirk, or maybe she thought I was a villain, did something in her past make her like this?, so many interpretations, but not many answers."

   "You alright dude?"

   I turn away from my locker to see Kirishima, and in his hands, is his hero suit. " Uh, yeah! Just uh...mumbling again....sorry." 

  "It's fine bro! Anyways, I thought we should switch suits, it'll help with our quirks and stuff." Kirishima handed me his suit, and I handed him mine.

 "Thanks..." As much as I would like to forget about yesterday, I cant. I want to spill out everything to Kirishima, ask him if things like this happened to him a lot. But I also don't want to bombard him with my complaints and questions. But he's my friend right? And friends help one another right? I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding and spoke," Ki--Kirishima...I have to talk to you about something."

  Kirishima turned from his locker and looked at me," Ok...but can we talk after we get dressed."

   I nod my head," Sure, that's a better Idea anyways!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I wait on the steps outside of UA, watching as my friends board the bus. Of course some of them stopped to ask why I'm sitting here alone. I told each of them that I'm waiting to talk to someone. I hear footsteps coming behind me," I'm sitting here wai---" Expecting to see another one of my friends, and for them to ask me the same question, instead it's Kirishima.

  "Sorry it took me some time..." He sat down next to me on the steps,"....I just had trouble figuring out how to put on the suit." He laughs, then everything goes silent.

  "So, uh....yesterday.." Rip it off like a band-aid, rip it off like a band-aid,"....yesterday, I heard someone scream."

  Kirishima eyebrows raised and his smile turned into a frown," What happened?!"

   "Uh, um...well, when I followed the screams, I saw a woman on the floor, a guy pointing a gun at her, telling her that if she didn't hand him her ring and wallet, he'll kill her. She wasn't willing to give up her ring, so the guy pulled the trigger. I blocked the bullet, and the guy ran away, after I threatened that I'd call the police...." My voice stopped there, I was trying to say the rest but it just wouldn't come out. Maybe I'm wrong, I shouldn't be talking to him about this, I should've went to someone else.

  "That can't be all...is it?" Kirishima asked.

   Like a band-aid.

  ".......when I returned the wallet back to her, she yelled at me, and called me....a monster." I watched as Kirishima's gaze went to the floor, his eyebrows weren't stitched together anymore, rather softened, he was still frowning though which worried me. " I'm sorry, I just thought It would be good to tell you this....but now that I'm saying it aloud it's stupid. It was just one lady, it's not like the whole world called me a monster or something! Geez, I'm really sorry Kirishima, I don't want you to thi--" 

 "No, it's fine...." He sighed then looked up into the bright blue sky." ...I'm glad you told me, I mean, I've always had a hatred for my quirk. I MEAN...Of course not anymore...but in the past." He nervously laughed.

 Now that I think about it, I don't know that much of Kirishima, like his past and stuff. I cleared my throat, preparing myself for this next question." What...what happened in your past to--to make you hate your quirk, Kirishima?" 

 I could tell he got a bit uncomfortable with that question, because he started fidgeting with his fingers and shifted a lot on the step we were sitting on." Well....it started when I was five.  One morning when I woke up, I rubbed my eye, and for some reason, my quirk thought that would be a great time to manifest, so I ended up cutting my eye." He placed a finger on the scar that stood on the top of his eye." And when that happened, I hated my quirk. As years went by, I've only grew more hatred for my quirk...and even myself." Kirishima looked down at the ground." I don't know if you knew this or not, but Mina and I went to the same Junior high."

  I shook my head," No, I didn't, that's cool."

   "It was cool, but that was the problem. She was so cool, always there when her friends needed her, she always smiled and laughed when nobody could, and no matter how big the threat or bully may be, she would always put them in their place. She was, and is, born a natural hero." Kirishima turned his attention to me, he then smiled," Kinda like you and Bakugo."

" I, on the other hand, was caught up in my own anxiety. And one day, a villain came and everyone was panicked. The pro heroes were no where to be seen, it was just the class and I. It came down to my classmates needing my help, and you know what I did? I stood there, like a coward, afraid, worried, and stunned. If it wasn't for Mina, who knows what would've happened that day, she saved us all."

  I put a hand on Kirishima's shoulder as he continued," When I went home that day I was super upset about myself. Why couldn't I have been born a natural hero?, how come I'm not brave and I have so much anxiety?, why was my natural black hair so boring?."

  "Wait, you mean...your not a natural red head?" I questioned, totally throwing us off track. He laughed," Yeah..."

  "Huh, I never knew...continue."

   Kirishima let out one more nervous laugh, then continued," SO, one day I snapped! I dyed my hair red, and gave it a unique style, just like my favorite pro hero Crimson Riot! I slowly started gaining confidence! And more importantly, I started loving myself...my quirk too! I may not have been born a hero, I had to work for it. To become stronger, to build myself everyday, to not think so negative about myself. And now look at me, I'm a student at one of the most top hero courses ever!"

 I never knew Kirishima suffered through self hatred like that. He's always smiling, and so caring for his friends, he also never gives up and always puts his best. He befriended KACCHAN! "I'm happy your more happy about yourself Kirishima. Because me and the whole class, appreciate and admire your quirk! Kacchan as well has respect for your abilities!"  I returned his big toothy smile, with one of mine. He then got up from where we were sitting and extended his hand to me," Thanks dude....and about that lady, don't worry about what she said. She probably just had a tough past or somethin."

  What the lady said shot through my mind.

 'My husband gave it to me before he di--'

   "Yeah, when the man asked for her ring, I think she didn't want to give it up because her husband died."

  Kirishima frowned for a moment," That must of been a hard time for her....but you saved her. That's your job as a hero, no matter whom the person may be, no matter what they call or think of you. So, don't let what she said bring ya down too much, ok Midoriya?!" 

 I looked at his extended hand before taking it," Alright!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter quote: The biggest smiles can hide the most tragic past.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I'm rewatching Bnha with my family this time, and when it gets to the part where Izuku and Shouto fight, I was trying so hard not to fangirl! I kept whisper shouting," The birth moment of Tododeku!" XD

Alright, see ya'll next chapter!

Word Bank |1149|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'