The Target

The young assassin runs to a manor in the country, quickly and silently. She thinks over the information stored inside her head about the target. Ceil Phantomhive, owner of the notorious Funtom's Company of candies and toys. He's twelve years old, the head of the Phantomhive house hold since his parents died in a fire and became the Queen's Guard Dog. After his parents passed, Ceil was nowhere to be found until he came back suddenly after 2 years of being missing and assumed to be dead, with a mysterious butler at his side. Ceil, with help from his butler, has completed multiple murder cases he was given to by the Queen. Not much was found on the butler other than his name being Sebastian. The other servants of the household also held a great mystery in their history. The only thing on record would be their names; Mey-Rin, Finnian, and Bard.

            Soon enough, the shadow puppet sees the manor in the distance. She takes a detour into the woods, going around the back of the manor. The young assassin starts to step up her equipment, deciding to take a long shot instead of going inside.

              Meanwhile, inside the manor, were four sleeping people. Three of them being servants called Mey-Rin, Finny, and Bard. They were resting from a long day of chores and cleaning. The fourth one was the target, Ceil Phantomhive. He was sleeping from a hard day of paperwork as well as a few lessons he had to take. However, the only person not sleeping was the mysterious butler called Sebastian. He was in his room, after fixing the other servants mess and taking care of his master, he finally had sometime to himself. Sebastian sat on top of his bed playing with three cats he hid in his closet. They were incredibly adorable. Sebastian took a deep breath before slowly, getting up and leaving his room. "Honestly, at this hour," Sebastian muttered while he walked down the hall.
               The shadow puppet had set up her rifle perfectly and looked down the barrel. She didn't have a scope on the gun as she stared at the head of the target. His blue/black hair ruffled slightly when he moved onto his side. The young assassin sighed slightly before pulling the trigger. She stayed that way for a moment to see if she had hit her target. The shadow puppet never misses, but to be sure, she always stayed to see. To her surprise, she could still see his slight movements. The young assassin was confused at first before her eyes widened. She quickly dodged a hit from behind, landing on her feet. She looked to see it was a man in a butler uniform without his tailcoat. "I'm surprised you were able to dodge that," he stated, eyeing the woman suspiciously. The girl never spoken to anyone besides the queen and Ash, so she stayed quiet.
              Before the man could utter another word, the rifle had fallen from its stand. Quickly, the shadow puppet went forward, grabbing the rifle. She turned around quickly the gun raised at the butler's now close to her face. The young girl pulled the trigger and the man fell, dead. She took a couple of breaths, never had she been spooked before like that. The assassin has had confrontations, but no one ever surprised her like the butler dressed man. "That was close," she whispered quietly. A voice stated," Oh, so you can talk?" The shadow puppet looked into the man's crimson red eyes. He was still alive even though she shot him in the face. Her eyes widened into saucers as the man she had shot stood up. The young assassin, not knowing what to do, got up quickly and backed away from him. "Your skills are quiet impressive; I would actually think of hiring you if you weren't here to kill my master," the butler stated. 'So this was Sebastian,' the shadow puppet thought,' no wonder he was so mysterious.'
                  She hadn't noticed that she backed up against a tree until Sebastian trapped her there with his arms beside her. "How I'll enjoy killing you," he stated, before looking into her eyes. It was a long staring contest between the two. She was in a state of shock while the butler was entranced by her different colored eyes. Then her instincts kicked in. The shadow puppet stabbed Sebastian in the side with a poison dagger, making him back off her. The young assassin took this moment to run. This butler was not normal and it frightened her, but yet, his demeanor seemed so familiar. It was the same feeling when she was around Ash, but different somehow. She shook her head of those thoughts as she continued running, her poisoned dagger in hand. The young girl looked back to see that the demon butler was running after her, blood pouring out of his wound. The shadow puppet looked ahead again only to see her escape be so close. Yet so far away, the butler quickly attacked her head, making her knock out instantly.