7.

Seokjin's POV:

Sighing, I let a hand wander through my tangled hair.

I looked like a mess and was quite stressed about the whole situation.

The phone-call threw me out of my stable course.

Sure, life chances and things happen all the time, and yet I was too caught up in my own little bubble of imperfect perfection with this crazy family.

I forgot for some time, that I had some other family left in Korea. That I left my past there. Ignoring it, hoping that it never happened and would go away. Running from it.

Now it came back around, haunting me.

Haunting, in form of cancer.

This damn sickness. In all honesty!

Couldn't I just live a happy and contented life?

Why did it always had to hit me and my family?

"Don't worry Jinnie. We will manage this. Everything will be allright. We went to bigger crises together." Namjoon tried to soothe me, tried to calm me down, while I was running up and down the office, probably leaving tracks on the polished and shining wooden floor.

"This won't be all right. She is old and stubborn" I sighed, deflating immediately, stopping in my movement, just to pull on my hair harshly.

It was probably standing up in all directions, letting me look like a total mess. And yet I didn't care if Namjoon saw me like that. He knew me for eleven years now.

He saw everything of me and every state of mine.

Everything.

And I trusted him.

He still loved me.

"Calm down, Jinnie" he tried again, approaching me with big steps, hugging me from the behind, thumbs rubbing circles on my hip-bones.

His tender and soft touch immediately calmed me down and I sunk into his chest. All tension leaving me.

"I am afraid" I whispered and he turned me around, hugging me tightly, humming a soft tune into my ears.

"Don't be. We are all here.", he caressed my hair, playing with the strands that were touching my neck.

"She's my mom, Joonie. We parted in a bad way. And now knowing, that she is that sick, it destroys me. What if it was the stress?" I asked him, clinging to him, trying to hold onto anything my clutches could get.

"And if it was, it is her own fault. It was her decision alone not to accept you, not to accept us. Tell me, do you regret your decision by coming with me? Do you regret our relationship? Do you regret loving me?" he softly asked, holding me tighter to him.

I knew he was afraid of the answer.

Yet I knew that he knew that I loved him endlessly.

"No" I shook my head, a slight smile painting my facial features brighter for a few seconds. Unconditional love for the human being right in front of me, bubbling up inside me.

I had to lean back a bit, just to look into his bright brown eyes, that brought me so much joy.

I stared into them, with all the love I could offer, hands wandering up to his cheeks, caressing them softly with my thumbs.