Chapter 9: Titanic

I sighed in annoyance as I heard footsteps running towards the house, fast. It was amazing how I seemed like a vampire with my heightened senses and much paler skin. Thou, I wasn't rock hard cold or anything, I had to admit I was pretty. Maybe as pretty as Rosalie! (ya, like second in line to her)

I glanced at my phone for like the millionth time today. I wanted to call Jade, but I couldn't with the ears that couldn't help but eavesdrop around here. I also wanted to talk with Charlie, but same with Jade. The ears. But, he would also seem suspicious because 'supposably' I'm having a two night sleep over with Alice. Ugh, if she wasn't my best friend, I'd kill her. And I'm positively sure I can do that now.

Jasper gave me an amused look as he looked up from his book, Gone With The Wind. I could feel his amusement too. I glared playfully at him and shoved my face (literally) into my book, Wuthering Heights, to keep reading. Hoping that certain people will take the hint to leave my alone. A.k.a Edward.

I heard the door open and they all walked in, laughing and talking.

Have a good time did we?, I sneer in my head as I hear Edward talking and laughing the loudest.

Jasper bumped my leg and shot me his amusement as he hung his head lower to hide his smile. I rolled my eyes and covered my laughing with coughing. Jasper rolled his eyes as Edward walked toward us.

"Bella! Are you alright?" Edward asks and I hold back a scoff, going for a scowl at my pages.

So much for my hiding and leave me alone idea.

"I'm fine, Edward," I reply firmly. "See, no bite marks, no red eyes. I'm good." I raise my head and show my hands.

Edward narrows his eyes and goes to say something but Esme (thankfully) beats him to it.

"Would you like something to dear? It's almost five," Esme asks as she starts to make her way toward the kitchen.

I stand. "Sure," I say kindly and follow her to the kitchen.

We're only in the kitchen for about two minutes before I hear Edward, Jasper, and Alice yelling. Esme and me whip our heads around to look at each other in confusion before hurrying out into the living room. Jasper was now standing near the couch, book thrown on it, with Alice to his left. In front of them was Edward. I'm guessing Alice and Jasper are going against Edward in whatever is going on here.

"You could have, being that close!" sneers Edward.

"I would never!" growls Jasper at the same time Alice gasps, "he would never!"

I blink, okay, what the hell is going on? I must have said that aloud because all heads turned to me, and I realized Carlisle, Rosalie, and Emmett had joined us.

"Jasper could have hurt you! His control is very limited," Edward says angrily. I fell my eyes narrow as Alice and Jasper glare at Edward.

"EXCUSE ME!" I burst making everyone flinch. "He was with me for a whole day, Edward! His eyes aren't red, and I'm not dead! I'm freakin fine! And I don't need you going on batshit crazy on him! No one is dead!"

I hear Emmett snicker. "His eyes aren't red, and I'm not dead. Gotta remember that," he mutters. I roll my eyes.

"But-" Edward starts before I cut him off with a growl.

"I can take care of myself. And apparently you can't give me space or see that I'm perfectly fine. So here's some words for you. GO TO HELL!" I snap before spinning on my heel and heading back to the kitchen.

It was silent and I didn't hear a thing as I finished making my strawberry jam sandwich. As I ate it, I pondered what was happening out in the living room. Were they still glaring at each? Shocked so much to have this long enough silence?

I didn't have to ponder long because I soon heard footsteps and the slamming of the front door. I swallowed the rest of my sandwich before throwing out the plate and drinking the rest of my water. Esme comes into the kitchen few seconds later and takes my cup to wash, giving me a warm smile.

I sighed as I headed out of the kitchen. Edward was nowhere to been seen. I assumed he was the one who slammed the door. Jasper and Alice were also gone, probably up stairs. Rosalie sat on the couch shaking her head as she watched Emmett play another shooting game. I decided to sit a few feet away from Rosalie after a minute of hesitation.

Rosalie glanced at me and gave me an actual smile. I about fell off the couch. Rosalie much have seen my reaction because she grinned.

"That was awesome, what you did earlier," she says. I frown confused.

"With Edward?" She nods. "Ehh, it was nothing," I say with a small grin and a wave of my hand.

"That was something. You're finally breaking him off that pedestal you have him on."

I could agree with that.

I nod. "Ya, things have......changed a lot over the last week." Oh have they ever.

"Awesome!" she grins. "Do you want to watch a movie?" Emmett groans making us laugh.

"Rosie!"

"Sure Rosalie," I say making Emmett huff.

"Call me Rose," she says as we stand and head over to the movie case.

This is going to be a long day, I think as my mind travels to Edward while we chose the Titanic to watch.

***

The next day I went home to Charlie's. Charlie was off that day so when I got home he was sitting in the living room watching TV. He smiles when I enter.

"Hey Bells, have fun?" he asks raising an eyebrow. Charlie knew all about supernaturals, he use to be a Guardian but retired a couple years ago.

I roll my eyes. "Loads," I reply.

He nods and mutes the TV. "So, have you-" He's cut off as the door bell rings.

Damn it!

He's up and over to the door before I can stop him. My arms reach out to grab him but he's already opened the door. And you (ok, maybe just Charlie) won't believe who was standing on our porch covered from head to toe.