Chapter 28: Present

"Most people have already left, going to hotels they checked into in the city. We have all their names, numbers, and hotel addresses on one sheet just in case. Everyone else is staying here, their names are on another list," Jade explains.

I nod. "Good, good."

We stood in a far corner, away from everyone in my hopes that Jasper wouldn't see me. But who was I kidding, he's a damn vampire for shits sake.

Lydia came over to us with a clipboard in hand. I look around for Landon and find him, Spence, and Krista, talking with a few of the Angels that I guessed would be staying here. None of the Cullen's nor Whitlock's were to be seen, which meant they were hopefully up in their rooms. Up in rooms = no Jasper.

I'm such a wuss.

"Everyone who is not staying here, is gone. We've got almost sixty people not staying here," Lydia says. Damn, we got that many people? "The wolves are taking shifts, walking the perimeter. And everyone else is staying here." She flips up her paper.

"That leaves us with a little over a hundred people."

I sigh, suddenly feeling sick.

"That's still not a lot of people, and we've only got four days," I say weakly.

Lydia nods, suddenly looking the same as I felt.

"I know. But I don't know what else we can do. We can try smoke signals, but I don't know," Lydia trails off worriedly.

"We'll figure something out, we always do," Jade says and smiles sadly with a light shake of her head. "Or die trying"

I swallow. It went silent between us. We weren't ready to die, we'd hardly lived.

"We'll gather again tomorrow, we've got lots to do if we've got any chance of winning," I tell them before saying goodnight and heading up the stairs.

God, what a mess.

I pause outside my door, and hold my breath as I listen to the voices in a room right across from mine. All the Cullen's and Whitlock's were gathered -somehow- in the small room talking. They seemed frustrated.

"-mean you didn't know? He was your first!" Rose explains sounding frustrated.

"I'm sorry Rose, I just didn't. You know how good of an actor he was, and at that time I was desperate. As time went on, I never noticed or thought about anything bad with him," Carlisle explains sounding tired.

"Look, y'all can agree with me, he's one son of a bitch. But we've just gotta look at the facts, and that there's no one to blame but him." Peter jumps in. I can imagine someone -most likely Rosalie- glaring at him.

"And how can we even know we can trust Bella? She just jumped out and told us, plus, we've know him for longer. I mean I know we left her at one point, but we did come back. Then she left," Emmett trails sounding sad.

It's silent for a moment. The irony makes me want to laugh.

Come on Alice, I urge after a minute goes by with still no words, say something.

"Well, I know Lucifer better then any of you, and that Edward out there is Lucifer," Alice states fiercely. "I trust Bella."

"What about Maria? Bella could have at least told us about that!" exclaims Jasper stepping in.

"Then you would be asking questions! Do ya ever think that maybe she didn't want to intrude back in your lives, and that she wanted to keep herself a secret, because she knew she wasn't gonna be able to stay after her mission," Peter snaps.

Its silent, and I can imagine Jasper and Peter glaring at each other. Jasper didn't say anything but I had a feeling he knew that Peter was right. Which in a way, he was right. I wanted to live on with my life, it had become too complicated. I could die during any mission. It was better just to keep them out of it.

Well it's to late now bitch, my inner voice says. I scowl and quickly throw myself into my room when I hear Jaspers footsteps coming towards the door.

I lightly shut the door behind me and glare at the wall.

Life's a bitch. I should paint that on my wall if I get my own room for a long time, or if we ever get HQ fixed.

If we even survive.

Karma's a bitch, my inner voice laughs.

What the hell did I ever do!

I plop on the bed and stare at the ceiling. There was no way I could avoid Jasper tomorrow. Unless he storms out like he just did and stays away for awhile, but I doubt that. He was trained in War, he wouldn't just leave.

I roll my eyes and turn over trying to make myself comfortable so I could at least get some sleep, it was already one 'o clock in the morning.

Thoughts about what just happened in the past twenty-four hours run through my head as I fall into a dreamless sleep.

***

"Wakey, wakey Peach. Times a ticking and everyone's hungry!" Spence exclaims trying to push me off the bed. He almost succeds until I grab ahold of his arm, flinging myself onto his back and pulling him to the ground.

I pull his arms behind him.

"What was that, Spence?"

"Alaskap slamsn," comes Spence's muffled reply. I lean back so he can lift his head, and he glares at me.

"I said, everyone's hungry and times a ticking."

"Well, don't wake me up for this shit. Go order crap from Dunkin' Donuts or iHop or something. I don't care," I tell him and let go, getting off so I can get dressed.

"Thanks so much for your help. So helpful Peach," Spence calls sarcastically as he picks himself up off the floor and walks out the door, closing it behind him.

I roll my eyes and slip into a black tank top and shortie shorts, along with my combat boots and an elbow length leather jacket to cover my wings. Throwing my hair up in a ponytail, I make my way downstairs where Spence and Krista are taking orders.

I slip through to Lydia and hand her one of my debit cards that I managed to keep a hold of, so she can take her, Spence and Landon to wherever their getting food. I was not letting Spence and Krista in the same vehicle for twenty minutes.

I make my way back to the stair case and lean against the railing, watching everyone talk and laugh like old friends. The vampires, werewolves, and Angels were all getting along. Which was good. But you could still see the underlying tension of War in everyone.

I sigh and run my forehead.

Suddenly, I feel a light breeze and the smell of vampire behind me.

Jasper.

"Bella, can I uh, talk to you?"

______________________________

IMPORTANTE LEER POR FAVOR

So firstly, ta da! Two chapters! I was gonna have another one, but it's still in progress.....

Secondly, those of you who where/are reading BTS (Bella The Shadowhunter) the book is going to be put on hold for a long while. I should've done this weeks, months, I don't know, ago. But I've been running ideas through my head all day on what I want to do with it, and that's what I've come down to. (Because I just don't have the heart to delete it)

One day, I'll come back to it. Yes, one day. (Hopefully soon 0-0)

Lastly, those of you who are following or just know about my other account DarkWriter_ , I'm putting Dangerous Rebellion up for adoption. I've just got to much, and I'm really getting no where with it. If no one takes it, I'm probably just gonna delete it in the next week or so ;(

Just PM me or comment on here to let me know.

Thanks
-BW