"Fine, but I don't think we can kill her anyways, she's a nation like us I think, as wall as the children. Just take the kids, and run, shoot if you have to." France replied back, his legs in position, ready to bolt at any second.

England gave the signal, and they both ran, grabbing the kids, sprinting away from the woman, looking back and shooting once in awhile to scare her off.

She tried to run after them, running over branches, roots of trees, leaves crunching under her feet, trying to desperately get her children back, but she soon lost sight of them. Her fear and hopelessness settled inside her, she collapsed on the ground, crying and screaming her heart out, knowing that she'll never see them again. There were too many white settlements, her children could be in any of them, but she knew that if she did look for them, whatever peace treaty the other tribes and those settlements had, would be broken. She couldn't look for them without hurting the other tribes, her people. The others would certainly not help her, they resented her and her children, they couldn't understand why she had taken in white children. She had been kicked out by her own people, just because she wanted to protect them, to raise them as her own, she couldn't understand what was wrong with doing so. She had no home, all the other tribes knew about her actions, and most were hostile to her. She was alone now, she would likely never see her children again, she would likely never get accepted back into a tribe again. She would be out here, all alone, till her death comes.

France and England arrived at their

"Hey poppets, it's okay now, she isn't here anymore. She won't hurt you anymore, okay." England said, trying to calm down the two down. There was no remorse in his eyes.

"We'll protect you now, okay." France said kindly.

He was so wrong. He just broke a family. He just broke two children. He just took them away from their mother.

They were crying and yelling in mysterious language as loud as they could. Trying to

"Mommy! TAKE ME BACK! LET GO OF ME! LEAVE US ALONE!" They begged and yelled with streams of tears falling onto the leaves.

France and England just realized that she was their mother. They didn't even think that it was a possibility. They hadn't realized it back then. What had they done? They took America and Canada away from their mom. What kind of father does this to their children? They felt like monsters. They took them away from their mother. Guilt rose up inside them. The guilt grew and grew inside them. How ignorant and prideful were they to just take the kids like that.

"You guys are coming home with us." France said. He and Arthur picked the two up and started walking to their house, which wasn't very far. The two started kicking and thrashing around. Desperately trying to get out. They held on harder, determined to get them home. Determined to 'save' them. They eventually got back home and sat the two children down on the floor. Their eyes were puffy and red. They appeared to be quite exhausted. The two sat there with an emotionless look on their face. They just lost their whole world, their mom. They just sat there, doing nothing. They sat there like they lost their will to live. They had no more tears left to cry.

"I hate you. Why is life so cruel? What did Mommy do wrong? I want to go back home. This place isn't home." They both said, in a hoarse voice, their expressions empty.

And that was the end of the first memory. The memory that stayed with America and Canada for their whole life. This was only the beginning of America's and Canada's pain. The beginning of their suffering. Their never-ending pain. Their memories and pain were intertwined. Every memory they had gave them so much pain, but at times so much happiness. There couldn't remember anything and be truly happy, because every memory came with pain. Pain always followed happy moments.