Hyo clears his throat and jerked me the rest of the way up from the counter and shoves me back in the vanity seat.  "My apologies, Kwan. She struck me first."

Oh what a little tattle tale. Man up, you deserved it.

"I really don't care who started what, but for now, keep your hands off of her. Remember that you're expendable too," The man named Kwan, warns the other man.

"Her eye corrections are here," Kwan states, as he tosses a box down to me. Wow that was strangely quick.

"So do you just keep these on hand for your convenience?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Anything is within reach for me, girl.  Now. Maye, Lina; fix her up.  We are going live in a few hours. It seems like there's two parties offering up money for her," he smiles, but it isn't friendly. It's hateful. Greedy. The dollar signs flash and my life is meaningless otherwise.  I've become a payday and someone is going to pay for an empty package if anyone thinks I'm some type of plaything. 

I can only hope one of these parties is my family.  I'm not going to get myself amped up though.  Probably black market dealers or the Penzkov twats.  I can't stand the thought of returning to Vlad and Felix.  I'd rather swallow razors and pull my own teeth out.

Without another word, both Kwan and Hyo leave the bathroom. I quickly put the contacts in and blink a few times. Refreshing and perfect. It's such a relief to be able to see clearly again.

Maye begins running a brush through my long hair. It is knotted up pretty badly from all the turmoil it's gone through these last few days but if she keeps brushing me like I'm a horse, I'm going to have to hurt her.  It didn't help that Hyo tore his fingers through it.

I get fed up fast and my head starts throbbing.  "Here.. just let me do it myself," I say as I reach back for the brush. A painful sting travels through my knuckles up to my wrist.  My eyes meet hers in the mirror. 

Did she really just pop me with that brush?

She forces me to turn back around and face the mirror as she continues her assault through my hair, causing me to grit my teeth and squeeze back the tears.  Lina starts placing random items along the sink counter but I don't dare turn to look.  I don't want another pop with that brush. 

Fucking bitch.

Finally, she stops torturing me. I sigh in relief and look down momentarily only to gasp in horror as I hear the snip and feel the weight of my hair lessen.

Oh no no no!

Horrified, I look back at her reflection and catch a smile on her face.  What the hell did I do to her?! 

I feel my hair to find that it ends just below my shoulders now. Completely devastated and angry, I turn and shove Maye away from me as I snatch the scissors from her. Before I could stop myself, I plunge the scissors into her thigh, her screams of agony serenading my ears. I shrug off the small hands that grip my arms from behind and twist the scissors, wiggling them around as I do so, hoping this hateful bitch realizes her mistake.

Don't fucking cut a person's hair like that.  Just... don't!

I hope I hit a vital vessel and she bleeds to death before anyone can make it up here.  I pull the scissors out and stab her thigh again as hard as I can. 

I didn't hear the commotion going on amid her screaming, my senses overwhelmed by the rage coursing through me.  Strong hands grab me by my arms and yank me off of Maye. 

I start bucking and dig my nails into the arms that have made their way around my waist, hoisting me into the air.

"Let me go! Get off of me!" I scream as I thrash about. I continue to struggle and scream but soon I am fully overpowered.

I'm thrown onto the bed harshly, but sit up quickly. The smack from a backhand to my face sends me flying back down and someone's body weight holding me down flat.  When the bells stop ringing and my vision clears,  I look up and see Hyo hovering above me. Malice gleams in his eyes as he pulls an arm back and hits me again. "You think you can just do what you want?" he yells as he hits me once more, the metallic taste of blood coating my tongue. "You don't have any rights here! You don't have any say! You don't get to act out! You don't get to fight back and you definitely don't get to assault anyone here!" Spittle flies all over as he froths like a rabid animal.  "You are nothing more than a transaction pending!" he finishes as he grips my throat tightly, shaking me as he violently chokes me.

I try to pry his fingers off of my throat, but his grip is too strong. The silver dots start lining the edges of my eyes and I feel myself starting to lose consciousness. If he squeezes any harder, my eyes might burst or my windpipe is going to be crushed.

Don't pass out Amaris, knee him in the dick. My subconscious finally pipes up and with what little energy I have, I raise my knee as hard as I can.

He catches my knee between his legs.

This impossible asshole.

"Think you're smooth, don't you?" he bellows out as he slams my head downwards with each choking shake. My neck is going to snap!  I dig my nails into his hands so hard, I can feel his flesh curling up under my nails.  It doesn't seem to faze him at all. 

My tears are an endless stream now, running down the edges of my face toward the mattress.  I lose my last bit of strength and finally drop my hands from his.  My vision and hearing is almost gone as I start to slip away, but I hear one final sound first.

A gun shot.