6.8 The Empress's Rite

Start from the beginning

Maybe he is skilled?

After all, the emperor chose him out from nowhere. He must have something great by himself that he was even brought to the palace to become an Empress.

Looks are very deceiving ba.

Zhong Song added some information about the judges and the guests that will come to the day of competition. Three days from now, the first challenge will happen. During the three-day span, some visitors from the other realms will come. Zhong Song warned the people about these people concerning that the nine realms is still on stalemate with The World leading a bit ahead due to JiDan's existence.

With no further ado, Zhong Song closed the discussion. The Imperial Court meeting has ended as well. The emperor exited the scene first. Then, all the concubines marched in an orderly fashion going towards the Western Palace. Lang Yuan still stayed on his position wondering how these ladies can last kneeling for many hours without killing their legs.

Lang Yuan is actually afraid to feel that needle-like pain on his legs once he stands up. When almost everyone is gone, he decided to stand up. But his sudden action made him feel dizzy as his legs turned wobbly. He stumbled on his own robes ready to fall until someone caught him on his hips pulling him into an embrace.

He thought that it was Zhong Song, or at least the emperor. So he looked up with a smile plastered on his face just to meet a complete stranger wearing a mask covering only half of its face. Lang Yuan stood frozen, his eyes asking a single question repeatedly.

"Who are you?" Though, Lang Yuan actually mouthed out the words.

The stranger, despite the mask, showed a pleasant smile as he helped Lang Yuan to stand up. He straightened some strand of his (LY) hair down with a gentle touch. Lang Yuan did no reaction but stared at this unknown man. He should be feeling scared but somehow this person made him feel comfortable. The feeling of familiarization is too much that he almost wanted to remove the mask to know who this man is.

But the stranger did not allow him and retreated a few steps. He saw Zhong Song coming with a dark glare so the stranger only bowed once, reaching for Lang Yuan's hand and kissed the back of his palm. The stranger still has that pleasant smile that could kill a thousand of love words into a one kiss.

"By fate, we will meet again. Good Luck with your competition," the stranger said, his eyes showing happiness.

He lets go of Lang Yuan's hand and quickly ran away. Lang Yuan remained standing, wanted to reach out for that person but Zhong Song just arrived on time to block that person's image. The Imperial Scholar faced Lang Yuan with a worried expression.

"Did that person do something to you?" He asked.

Lang Yuan stared at the place where the stranger left and shifted his eyes to the scholar. He only shook his head sideways saying that there's no problem. Zhong Song heaved a sigh.

"You should be careful with your surroundings. Don't trust people easily. Some of them might have a bad intention towards you," he said.

Lang Yuan only nodded. Zhong Song escorted the Empress Candidate back to his room. He told Lang Yuan that his lessons would start the next day. However, even though Lang Yuan always nods on his words, his thoughts are still on that stranger with the mask.

"Where did I meet him before?" He asked, feeling his heart beating abnormally more than what it should have.

---------------------------------------

The Author Has Something to say:

Author: Oh no, a new character!

Lang Yuan: Who is he? Why is he familiar?

Stranger: Actually... I am...

Lang Yuan: You are...?

Stranger: I AM YOUR FATHER *background music*

Lang Yuan: ...

Author: ...

===============================================================

Ha ha ha, just posted this picture for the joke.

Yay! Another Update!