Chapter 31- Facing Facts

"Should I get this top?" Sammi held up a blue and white stripped crop top.

"I thought you hated tops with stripes? Didn't you say they make your chest look too big?" I questioned her. We were at the mall spending some quality time before Sammi's flight the next morning. I hadn't realized how fast the week went. So far, we had went out to eat, went to the spa, got drinks by the beach, and explored the downtown LA area. It was the most fun with her I've had all summer and made me re-realize how much I was going to miss her.

"You know me so well," she giggled. "That was a test." We walked out of the store and towards the food court. "I'm all shopped out anyways."

"Me too. Thanks for helping me pick out costumes for Codi and me. He's gonna love them." I smiled.

"It was definitely no problem at all. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't help out my favorite couple?"

I cleared my throat. "Not a couple remember?"

She rolled her eyes and mouthed "whatever" before nudging me and smiling. "That guy over there is totally checking you out."

I looked up to find a cute hispanic boy with a beautiful smile looking me up and down.

"He's fucking hot," Sam whispered.

"He's probably checking you out S."

"Don't be ridiculous," she snapped. "Here he comes now."

I watched as he approached us both, nodding at Sammi then smiling at me. "Hi. I'm Julian."

"Brianna." I shook his hand.

"Sorry to interrupt but you're very beautiful. If you're not doing anything later I'd love to take you out." Whoa. Another hot guy asking me out. I was flattered and he usually was my type, but-

"I would love to but I'm actually seeing someone right now," I interrupted my own thought and smiled. The thought of another guy taking me out made me feel weird and a little disgusted.

"Well if you change your mind..." He handed me a card with his name and number on it. Before we even walked three feet away, Sammi turned to me.

"Not a couple huh?" she raised a brow.

"Shut up," I mumbled, continuing to walk past her. "I just... have a lot more respect for Codi than to be with another guy."

"Yeah... and you love him."

I hit her with my Victoria Secret bag. "I've only known him for three months S. There's no way I love him."

"Three months is a long time when you spend every day together. Just admit it and I'll leave you alone." She smirked and raised her brows. She acted like a child sometimes.

My phone rang and I quickly checked the caller ID and answered. "Hi."

"It's so nice to hear your beautiful voice."

I smiled as Sammi mouthed "who's that" while pointing to the phone. I turned my head away from her and continued to talk. "You just heard it this morning."

"I know. And I already miss it." I smiled after hearing those last two words. It was always good to know he missed me as much as I missed him. "When will you be home?"

"In a little."

"How long is a little?"

"Someone is clingy today huh?" I teased.

"Is it that bad for a guy to miss his girl- I mean.."

I laughed "I know what you mean." He chuckled back, a sound that I adored.