Chapter 17

The next morning comes. The sun isn't shining like it was before. The dark clouds had hidden it away from everyone. You could see a slight glimmer of the sun from behind the veil of darkness.

Yoongi woke up that morning feeling a bit sad. He knew that there was a big chance of Jimin turning back into a cat, but at the same time there was a small chance that he would stay like that. As much as Yoongi hates to admit, he likes human form Jimin better than the cat one.

He was about to get out of his bed but something pulled him back in. Yoongi looked over and saw Jimin ( still in human form ) sleeping with his arms loosely hanging together from Yoongi's waist.

Yoongi could only stare at Jimin with disbelief. Jimin stayed in his human form. He hadn't changed back into the cat one. Yoongi felt his day become better already. Those bad feelings went away as soon as Jimin spoke up.

"Hyung, why are you sitting up?"

Jimin got no answer and opened his eyes, only to find Yoongi smiling at him.

"Jimin, you stayed as a human! You aren't a cat!"

The realisation dawned on Jimin. He was no longer a cat. Well, he didn't turn back into a cat just yet.

"Yoongi hyung, this is only the second day. What if I turn into a cat the following days?"

"Then you stay a cat, and maybe I'll give you a potion to turn into a human for some time."

"Yoongi hyung!"

"Hehe just kidding... not really though. I would do it."

Jimin sat up straight in the bed. " I suppose we wait the following days?"

"I guess so. No other option right?"
_____________________
The two waited and waited. Namjoon even came over and was shocked Jimin was still human. More time passed and Jimin remained in the same form.

Yoongi came to accept the fact that Jimin was most likely going to stay a cat human hybrid for the rest of his life. Jimin in the other hand couldn't believe it was happening. He suggested going to the doctor, but Yoongi asked him if he really wanted to go back to being a cat.

Being a cat had its perks. You could wander off to somewhere and not cause worry. You just had to come back soon.

Becoming a hybrid gave Jimin more opportunities to do things he wasn't able to do before. He could style his own outfits and make himself pretty instead of trying to do it through Yoongi. Jimin decided to not go to the doctor and kept living his life as a hybrid.

Sure he was uncomfortable with it. How could Jimin not? He was walking around with a tail and ears on top of his head. Jimin eventually got used to having those features, accepting the fact that he will probably stay like this from now on.
_____________________
Yoongi and Jimin went on living their lives together. Yoongi got Jimin a job at his potion shop as an employee there. Jimin had to go and help the customers with what they needed. Not only did he help the customers, Jimin brought more business to the potion shop.

Yoongi of course paid Jimin. At first the boy wouldn't take the money, but after a ton of explanation as to why Jimin should take it, he finally accepted the money.

Yoongi and Jimin were lounging around on the couches in the living room. They both were silent, their minds somewhere else. Jimin was the first to break the silence.

"Yoongi hyung?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you."

Yoongi came back to reality. " What was that?"

"I said thank you."

"Oh... your welcome."

"No, I mean like thank you thank you. Thank you for doing all of this for me. Thanks for spending your time and money on me."

"Well of course Jimin! You live with me and are practically my family. Of course I spend my time on you."

"I just... I don't know, y'know?"

Silence ensued once more. Yoongi knew what Jimin meant, despite the lack of words. Yoongi knew that Jimin was very thankful for doing all of this for him. Yoongi knew that Jimin was so thankful that he couldn't put it into words.

"Jimin, I should thank you as well."

"Huh? Why? What did I do for you?"

"Well, you made my life have more purpose. As cheesy as that sounds, it's true."

"Your welcome, I guess. I don't really know how I made your life have more purpose, but that's what you think and it's fine."

The air around them became more comfortable. There was a comfortable silence around them. Neither spoke a word. That is until Yoongi's belly let out a grumble.

Jimin giggled. "Hungry much?"

"Hehe apparently," Yoongi said. He then looked down at his belly. "Didn't I feed you an hour ago?"

"Well it's hungry again so let's go eat somewhere, shall we?"

"We shall!"
_____________________

✨THE END✨