Chapter 9

We arrive at the asylum in complete darkness and silence.

Seth is well acquainted with us by now and doesnt hesitate to show his fear. When he puts his arm around me as we enter I'm not sure if it's to protect me or himself?

The asylum is a white, one floor building, surrounded by barbed wire fence, leaves, trash, and other things.

The small square windows are boarded up by either bars or wooden bars. The door is locked, of course, so we take a long scary walk to the back door that we were told is always open.

Brandon walks up to the door and pushes it open. The door makes a creaking sound just like the haunted houses in movies do.

"Okay I'm good let's go home" Callie says.

"No were doing this" Brandin says taking her hand.

No one moves for what feels like forever. The dark hallway await whichever couple decides to go first.

"Well..... get in there" Callie demands me and seth to go first.

We look into each others eyes before entering the belly of the beast. Even in the dark I can see the blue and green specks in his hazel eyes.

His jaw is clenched the entire walk down the hallway and is holding onto my shoulder like a safety blanket.

"Which way?" He whispers as we approach three different ways to go in the building.

The building itself isnt so scary, besides the floors being trashed and the walls being spray painted, theres nothung but doors and windows.

"To the left is the torture chamber" Brandin says to Seth.

Seth turns to the left and walks us down to the end of the hall. The black door is surrounded by spray paint with arrows pointing for us to go in there. Must be quite the attraction.

Of course, as were about to enter the room we hear a metal can or some object fall to the floor and roll around.

"Where did that come from?" Callie franks out burying her head in Brandons grey hoodie.

"Relax, it's not actually haunted" I roll my eyes at Callie.

"Maybe not, but there could still be people in here. Like homeless people, or murderers" Brandon tries to creep us out.

Seth and I enter the room. The moonlight pours through the barred windows, allowing us to see more then we could this whole time.

Seth and I let go of each other to look around the room with our flashlights, but we stay close.

The room is covered in red and black spray paint, mostly it's just names and swear words done by teens, but there are a couple of what look like satanic symbols or something.

There are metal tables in the room but nothing sits on them.

"Well, whatever was in here was probably stolen" Seth shrugs, trying to find anything scary or interesting.

Callie finally let's go of seth and joins us in looking for something. All I see is empty water bottles, broken lighters, and used cigarettes.

"Maybe we should look in another room" brandin suggests.

"Or maybe we should leave" Callie suggests.

"Lets go down the other hallway and see what we can find" Seth suggests.

I doubt that there is anything left in this building that hasn't been stolen yet but it's worth the look.

Were all a bit more comfortable now so we walk in a line to the end of the south side of the building.