Chapter 5

I lay on the beach on this beautiful Monday morning, the first Monday morning I've enjoyed in months.

The calming sounds of beach waves put my mind and body at ease. The faint sounds of people talking is almost non-existant, allowing me to completely relax.

I check my watch, 1:45. Callie got out of track at 10 and Brandon comes in at 3.

I roll up my towel, fix my strapless bikini, and start walking up to the hotel. The resorts beach is long and wide. The back part of the beach is boxed off into a couple volleyball courts that are always being used.

I wash off at one of the three shower stations we have along the beach. I pass the beachside pool, our biggest pool in the resort, and pass the outdoor beach bar.

"Hey Connor can I have a water?" I ask hopping on one of the bar stools.

The bar is empty right now but it's crazy every night in the summer. The outdoor eating area right next to the beach brings in a lot of people, and the food is pretty good too. Theres also karaoke every weekend, it gets crazy those nights.

"You look good" Connor says looking at me in my small bathingsuit.

I'm aware it's small but it's good to wear tanning because it let's the sun get to places my other bathingsuits won't show.

I lift my eyebrows at his comment.

"Probably kind of inappropriate for a nineteen year old employee to be flirting with the seventeen year old daughter of your boss" I say gulping down water.

"Whatever" he sighs. Unfortunetaly yet another one of his failed attempts at flirting.

Connor was hired a few years ago and would work during the summers from like May to August when he wasnt in college. Hes tall, tan, athletic, and has a deep voice. Callie and I used to have the biggest crush on him but once I got a little older and he started to notice me I avoided him at all costs. I was terrified that an older boy liked me. Last summer he acked me out and Callie told me to say no but I said yes. It was super wierd and he was really into drinking and partying and sex so I told him I didnt want to go out again. He was kind of angry with me but for some reason he never really stopped flirting with me.

Last summer and this summer I've had to kind of watch out for him, making sure he doesn't text me, flirt with me, look at my body, and talk about "us". It gets tiring but he needs this job so I try not to let it effect me.

I take my time to finish my water and check my social media then walk back up to my room.

I shower and blow dry my hair, then put on black ripped jean shorts and a baby blue tank top with converse and sunglasses.

"Hey dad I'm leaving!" I yell to my dad who I reading on the porch.

"Picking up Brandon?" He asks.
"Make sure to bring him right here when you get home" my dad loves Brandon, of course he  doesn't know half the stuff we do with him. Brandon is a charmer. He and my dad have had some pretty great business talks in the past, my dad thinks he's like Brandon business mentor or something.

"Okay, will do" I laugh.

"Wait, I have a meeting tonight so I won't be here"

"Oh darn" I pretend to care. "Well got to go" I say.

I wall down the stairs to the lobby where Alecia is working.

"See ya Alecia" I say walking out the door.

"Are you getting Brandon?!" She asks excited.

"How did you know?" I ask.

"Your dad told me it's all you've been talking about for the past week" she laughs.