Part 8

Rahil was waiting for Alisha in the airport when he saw her coming towards him. He blinked his eyes to check whether it was she only. She was looking so splendid in black skinny jeans with a white shirt tugged in. She was wearing goggles and high stilleto and dragging her bag behind her. He was drooling at her till she came and stood in front of him "Good morning Sir"

He snapped out of his dreams state and frowned "Alisha we are not in office now so please call me Rahil. By the way you are looking beautiful" She nervously tucked her hair behind her ear "Thank you sir I mean Rahil"

He was also looking dashing in his sky blue trouser and black shirt but she was afraid to compliment him. He said "Let's go. The jet is ready to leave"

Alisha closed her eyes tightly and clutched the seat when the jet began to rise in air. Rahil saw this and placed his hand on hers "Afraid of flying?" She opened her eyes and looked at him "No it's just I am a little uncomfortable during take off and landing. Rest I can manage"

He chuckled "Don't worry our pilot is expert in his service" She nodded and glance at his hand kept on her. He too followed her line of vision and lifted his hand "Ohh I am sorry!" She shook her head "It's ok. Thank you" He gave her a dazzling smile.

It was night time when they landed in California. Both were tired from long journey so went to their rooms. Next day Rahil called Alisha "Alisha i am ready. Meet me downstairs in five minutes"

She frowned as he kept the call without hearing her reply. "Impatient man" she muttered and took one last look in the mirror before leaving.

After the meeting, the owner insisted "Rahil I would like to take you to meet my father. He is your father's friend and wanted to meet you" He looked at Alisha. She smiled encouragingly "You go. I will take a cab to hotel" He asked perplexed "Are you sure?"

She nodded and left to hotel. She decided to take a nap after reaching. The meeting was very long. She was tired. Moreover Rahil informed that they will have to be there till the deal is signed so she can go sight seeing another day. Humming she went to her room.

After a nap, she took a long bubble bath and went to Rahil's room to ask him for dinner. It would be rude if she will order room service. She knocked thrice but no response. She shrugged may be he is still not come. She waited another hour for his arrival but when he still didn't come, she ate her dinner alone.

It was twelve at night and he was still not back. Now she was getting worried. Various thoughts started running in her mind. Why was he late? Where he would be till now? What if something happened to him? No no she won't go there. He will be alright. She continued calling him but his phone was still out of coverage.

She didn't know when she slept at night waiting for him. It was 8 in the morning. She thought he would be back by now. She decided to take a shower first before going to his room. After bathing and getting dressed, she went to his room. Still no one answered after knocking four times. She panicked and sprinted towards the reception area. She was afraid now for him. Receptionist gave a smile to her "Good morning mam! How may I help you?" She took a deep breath to calm her nerves "Actually I wanted to know did Mr. Rahil Khanna staying in room no. 356 came back anytime during yesterday night or today morning?"

She answered "No mam his room keys are still here. I guess he had not yet returned"
She started shivering. Seeing her panicked, the receptionist asked "Are you alright mam?" She turned towards her and replied "Yes just inform me if he comes back. I am staying in room 357" The receptionist nodded her head and went back to her work.

Alisha decided to sit in the lobby and wait for him instead of going in her room. She tried his number again but it was switched off now. She is so scared. Where would he go? If something happened to him, what will she do?"