Still Loving You

Start bij het begin

I propped myself on the bar stool and looked around. This place reminded me a bit of cozy. A calm, peaceful bar with couples hanging around. I left my cell on the bar counter and turned to face the bartender.

"Good evening. What can I get for you beautiful lady?" he said with a gentle tone. Thinking for a while I said "Bourgogne Pinot Noir, please." Chris' favorite wine.

"Right away." he said and walked to the other end of the counter. He came back with a glass of wine in his hand. He pushed it to me on the counter with a mini cheese plate. "Here for the music?" the bartender asked.

"I guess so. They said it was good so I came here I said sipping my wine. It left a burning sensation on my throat as I swallowed down. "They were right. My friend sings here. He's pretty good. He's a Londoner just like you." he said.

"How did you understand I was a Londoner? The accent for sure but I could be from anywhere in England." I asked thrusting my elbow on the counter. "Your manners, your movements. I'm Joey by the way." he said offering his hand.

I saw the ring shining on his finger. "Emily. You are engaged?" I asked. He nodded as he shook my hand. "Third month." he said leaving my hand. "Congrats!" I said smiling. "Thanks." he said and suddenly the lights faded a bit.

"Music is beginning. Enjoy it." Joey said and walked to the other customers. A familiar melody started being played from the dark stage. I turned on my seat with my glass between my fingers.

CHRIS' POV:

I propped myself on the seat that was on the dark stage. The other band members took their places. For the first time I was playing with a band. I took my guitar on my lap and started moving the strings. The melody started playing. With my guitar on my lap everything seemed so natural.

I started to sing those familiar lyrics with all the love and pain in my heart.

'Time, it needs time

To win back your love again.

I will be there, I will be there. '

EMILY'S POV:

I heard the lyrics. So familiar..just like the voice. The stage was still dark, the weak lights weren't lighting the stage. My insides shivered as I realized whose voice it could be.

'Love, only love

Can bring back your love someday.

I will be there, I will be there. '

With the sudden guitar melody the stage lightened up.

'Fight, babe, I'll fight

To win back your love again.

I will be there, I will be there.

Love, only love

Can break down the walls someday.

I will be there, I will be there.'

My whole body started shivering when I saw that familiar face on the stage. His hair, eyes, lips, movements, body, voice and that sweet accent. The glass slipped down my fingers and shattered on the floor.

CHRIS' POV:

I went on singing and suddenly I heard a glass shatter on the floor. Not stopping I looked up and met those eyes. Looking directly at me. Her gaze so deep that it could burn a hole through me.

Her hair, eyes, lips, movements and body. She was right before my eyes. My hands started shivering and shaking. I took a deep breath before I went on singing.