Now & Forever

AN HOUR LATER...

"Aren't we still there?" I asked weakly. It wasn't that I wasn't enjoying this precious time with Daniel but...road was boring. "We're almost there." he said not tearing his gaze from the road. We were more like in countryside now, not in London obviously.

After 10 more minutes of drive Daniel stopped by a fascinating, empty, gold-sand beach. I was truly enchanted. There was a warm wind blowing slowly outside and the sun was starting getting down. Almost sunset.

"Woow..." I whispered after few minutes of gazing. Daniel came beside me and whispered in my ear. "Told you..." I turned my head and smiled at him. His eyes were twinkling under the now orange lights of the sun. He had a backpack that seemed like full. "Come on..." he said with his soft voice and taking my hand leaded me to the sands.

***

It turned out that Daniel planned almost anything. He had a thin blanket we could sit on, delicious all-kind chocolates and a bottle of red wine with two wine glasses in his backpack. We ate and drank watching the sunset together, in silence mostly.

"Emily..." Daniel called out my name as I was taking a sip of my wine. "Hmm?" I hummed looking at his beautiful, brown eyes. "I brought you here so that we could have some spare time and...talk" he finished. I bit my lower lip and gave him a questioning look.

"Listen. I know that last events made you really sensitive and weak. And maybe this isn't the right time to talk but I won't waste even a second from now on. So I'm just going to ask this...You can think as much as you want."

I was looking at him in confusion trying to understand him. He looked really really nervous. He was biting his lip and breathing heavily.

"Will you be mine now and forever?" he finally blurted out. My eyes widened, my mouth dried, thoughts started flying wildly in my head. I could feel my heart getting faster and faster every second.

I don't know how much I looked at him but finally, somehow I gave him an honest answer. "I'm already yours. It's a silly question to ask." I nearly whispered. That was the best I could do. He leaned over and kissed me so softly like he's never done before. His lips on mine were light as a feather.

"But..." I whispered breaking the kiss. "What?" Daniel whispered back. "I'm gonna be yours. I was always yours. But if everybody learns it at once they won't think so good things about me. For the sake of our relationship with Chris I won't tell anyone the real reason we broke up for a while. So if they know I'm now official with someone else they'll start calling me names...you know."

Despite my worries Daniel didn't seem unhappy at all. He was smiling warmly as one of his hands reached for my cheek and caressed it. "I don't care how much I need to wait for other people to know. It's OK if only Chase and Julie knows and no one else does. I just want you that's all. I've finally found you and I'm not letting you go this time." I didn't say anything but just hugged him, resting my head on his shoulder.

***

It was all dark if you don't count the street lights from far away. We were lying under the stars, my head on Daniel's chest. World seemed much more better. Everything was better.

THAT WEEK, SUNDAY NIGHT 10:45...

I was standing at the airport with Daniel by my side holding my hand. I was excited that I would, after all , see my best friend again. I know it had only been a week but it's a long time for people like us who had been living together for ages.

School was really empty this week as everybody was either at the library or at one the study rooms, studying. Chris hadn't come to school for the whole week. When I got to his street to take my car there was no sign that he was there.

Ripping myself away from my thoughts I saw Julie's smiling face coming towards us. "Julie!!!" I shouted and pulled her into a huge hug. She left her luggage to the floor and hugged me as tight as I did. "I missed you!" we chorused and made Daniel chuckle.

That was when Julie finally noticed him. "I don't even bother introducing you to each other. Deal it yourselves!" I said smiling to both of them. "Daniel Dawson. It's been long, hasn't it?" Yeah actually it's been long if you don't count that night at the bar. They barely talked that night. "It's nice seeing you Julie. How's it going?"

They talked for a little while and then we headed for the car where Chase was waiting as well. I don't even know why he came. Probably because the girl at the bar who he used to meet dumped her.

Julie's arm was around my shoulder, telling me about her trip. "...and you had to see the hotel it was amaz...Oh hello there." Before I knew it she was gazing deeply deeply at Chase. She had even stopped telling about the hotel!

Chase stretched out his hand and shook hands with Julie. "Chase." "Julie." He was looking at Julie so deeply too. Daniel grinned at me over the top of the car and I returned with a smile. "I'm taking the front seat with Dan! You can go on getting to know each other in the car. Let's go!" I announced so everybody settled in the car and we made out way to home.

***

Love is in the air ^.^

Aren't Dan and Emily sweet? :)

On the other hand...Chase-Julie? What's happening?

Heheh :P

Let me know what you think about this chapter :)

Love you all..

xx

Amortentia