New Beginning & Remorse

DANIEL'S POV:

We woke up to Chase's voice that shouted "WHAT THE-?" across the room. His shirt's buttons were half undone, his hair was a mess and his glasses were hanging on his shirt. His mouth was hanging open as he looked at us.

"Dude, you a-and who in our house? E-Emily-something...What the hell is going on here?" Chase could say finally. It was clear that he was still not sobered up.

Emily was sitting right beside me on the couch looking at Chase in confusion. Suddenly she jumped to her feet,smelled the air and mumbled "Oh shit! Cookies!" and ran to the kitchen. Chase was still looking at me, totally mixed-up.

"Oi! I'm asking you a damn question! What happened with that Emily thing...Who's that girl?" Chase asked again pointing a finger at the direction of the kitchen. "She is Emily my drunk-dump friend!" I said with a grin on my face. "Ahhh...I got it now!" he mumbled and shouted with his drunk voice "Then...Congrats man!!! Now you two are toget-"

A deafening scream came from the kitchen "Ouch!!!" and I ran as fast as I could. "Em? You OK? What happened?" Collapsed on the floor she was holding her hand with the other one, her eyes tightly shut because of the pain. "I-I was trying to get the tray out and...Ahh...burnt my hand..."

I felt my heart pierce, her pain was my pain, her tears were my tears. Kneeling down beside her I took her hand in my and saw the red spot on her hand. Quickly getting her up to her feet I started washing her hand with cold water, so slowly, afraid of hurting her.

After a while we were sitting in the living room again. Me putting Emily's hand ice -still so slowly-, Chase finally sobered up after a shower looking at us in confusion and Emily...well she was just sitting there with all her innocence.

Ruffling his wet hair while sitting there with nothing but a towel around his waist (talk about annoying..)Chase let out a low whistle. "Wow...I leave the house for a night...and you have her here? And you're together? And you know who each other is? What the hell happened last night?" he asked.

So we started telling him our story from the very beginning of the night. How I took Emily from the park, what was all that burnt cookies were about, how we understood who each other were, how did we end up cuddling on the couch...

"So to sum up...You're FINALLY together!" he said looking at us in joy and then turned his attention to Emily. "I'm Chase, as you may know his housemate. And I can say he hadn't shut up for weeks!" Emily's cheeks turned a bit rosy and she giggled.

CHRIS' POV:

Darkness. Yeah that's the only word that can describe the place I'm in. Pure darkness. It feels like nothing's out there. Since that night I feel lost. How could I do something like that to Emily?

It wasn't meant to be that way. Sitting alone on that bench I felt lost. Lost in nothingness. I didn't want to go back to my house. It would just bring the memories of that moment back. It's cold yes, but I don't care. My hatred to myself keeps me warm. I open another can of beer and tried to numb my pain.

***

Finally after hours out I found the courage to go back in. My hands were shaky as I tried to open the door. Even though I was dizzy something made me sober up immediately:A little sparkle on the floor.

Her ring. Right there, right under the coffee table where she left. It must have dropped as I was trying to run to her. Collapsing on my knees, I took it in my hand. Remembering it around her finger made something sting my heart.

Shutting my eyes tightly I couldn't breathe for a several seconds. I was also holding the ring so tight in my fist that it was hurting. But I didn't care anyway. Cause the pain in my hand was nothing compared to the pain in my heart. Tears were forming in my eyes slowly, blurring my view. I stayed there in silence for something that felt like forever. Silence, pain, darkness, tears and me.

EMILY'S POV:

After that long night we've spent the rest of the day with Dan and Chase at their house, as couch potatoes. We really didn't moved much further that going to toilet or trying to find food. Chase was still in the affect of the alcohol with an annoying headache.

On the other hand me and Dan were just sitting on the couch, cuddling nearly all the time and just looking at each other sometimes. Every breath we took together was still feeling like a miracle.

"I still can't believe this..." I told Dan while I was lying down, my head on his lap. He leaned over and leaving a small kiss on my forehead whispered "But it is real. I'm here. And I won't leave again. Ever again."

"Wo-hoo love birds slow down, at least when I'm around..." shouted Chase who was now going out of the kitchen. "Shut it!" said Dan giggling.

By the way I must say that Chase is the most handsome guy I've seen after Chris. He's really cute with those glasses and his eyes can melt anyone in a second. No doubt he's really popular around the bar people.

But on the other side...I don't know what but he seems so proper for Julie. Yeah, I must think of it someday.

Talking about Julie...I've called her about a few hours ago and told her everything. She first swore to Chris, a lot and then started saying "Aawww!!! So cute!!" about Dan.

So and on the day went on in laziness. I was sitting on Daniel's bed, rooting through a random photo album when Daniel jumped beside me. "Enjoying yourself Missy?" he asked snuggling up to me but I was too busy to answer cause I was looking at a really familiar photo.

Well actually I've never known such photo existed but everything, everyone was so familiar.

It was a photo of me hugging Daniel at the last moments of the graduation, probably crying. My back was turned and Daniel's face wasn't visible as it was half buried in my hair. Maybe trying to inhale my scent for the last time like I did for him. One of his hands were on my waist, holding me and the other was in my hair, maybe caressing it.

Other than us there were other familiar faces in the photo, most probably non of them knew that their photo was being taken. Everybody seemed sad and some of them were crying.

Julie was looking desperately at us, Danielle and Allyson were hugging each other, Jeremy and Arnold were talking with sad expressions, Dave had an arm around Miranda who was probably crying...

A tear ran out my eye, right down my cheek but Daniel caught it halfway through with his lips. "Sshh...Don't. I don't wanna see anymore tears from you. It hurts. Please." he whispered while kissing right on the area where my tear was falling. I nodded at closed the album before any other tear escaped.

"Wanna take you somewhere tonight. Not a restaurant or another fancy place but it's a perfect place to relax in silence, together." he said while putting the album back to it's place. "Where?" I questioned. "It's a surprise. But I can say that it's a kind of place that I'm sure you'll love."

Not questioning him anymore I agreed to go with him do we left to house after saying goodbye to Chase. We stopped by my house so that I could change quickly in a pair of jean shorts, tank top and hoodie. We were riding in Daniel's car as mine was still in front of Chris' house.

***

I seriously adore Chase :D Team-Chase forever :P

Anyone who is sad for Chris?

Daniel and his never ending surprises..I wonder where are they going this time..

Let me know what you think :)

I added a song for Chris' condition in this chapter.

Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran

Its on the side ---->

Listen . Its perfect :))

Love you all

xx

Amortentia ;)