Page 72 (Lucy)

"Oh my God! Why is this coffee so sweet" I hear Hailey exclaim. Harvey lightly chuckles with a slight sigh "it's Lucy's usual. She like's her coffee sweet.".

He takes a sip "I mean it's not that bad" he smiles, but it dies down as our eyes meet.

I was brought back to reality as I heard my name called for my coffee and cake.

I take a seat on the opposite side of the room. I can feel Harvey's eyes follow me.

Why do I bother? It was a stupid idea to come.

I had a f-cking anxiety attack before I came and glided a blade over my left arm.

I managed to convince my mind that I was over reacting. I'm still shaky, but I didn't think Harvey would mind. Seem's like he truly doesn't.

He's sitting there at our table, with our usual, with another girl.

Why did I try? Why do I ever?

I sit at my table, staring out the window, blasting The Lumineers in my ears.

I try to pick up my pencil, but my arm twitches and it drops on the floor. I heavily sigh in frustration and go down to pick it up.

My over sized black glasses (they were the only ones I could find in the rush to come), were met by two familiar pairs of shoes.

I see my pencil being picked up and I hear it placed on the table. I pick up my glasses and go back to my seat.

My eyes meet with hazel eyes. Much similar to the ones I was hoping for. "Hey, Max?" I say confused "what are you doing here?".

He shrugs "Just got bored and Harvey told me 'bout this place, so I decided to check it out" I roll my eyes "she blew you off didn't she".

"Yup" he says popping the p while looking at the floor as if it was the most interesting thing he has ever seen.

"You wanna sit?" I sigh taking the hit he was oh so slightly putting out there. He puts his head up with a grin and takes a seat in front of me.

I split the cake unevenly in half and give Max the bigger piece. I'm not really in the mood for cake.

For most people, they gorge on food when they are sad, unlike me. Who literally can't eat.

Max and I don't really talk. He's one of the popular's, Harvey's an in between, while I do not fit into any category.

I'm just...there.

We talk for a while about why we don't talk and about the play.

I suddenly feel a tap on my shoulder and I flinch. It's one touch, yet it's so much.

"Can we talk?"