Page 38 (Harvey)

Walking to school, I couldn't stop thinking about what Max told me.

"UGHHHHHH GET OUT OF MY HEAD MAX!" I say hitting myself "never" I hear "oh great now I'm hearing things!".

I hear a familiar laugh behind me "Maggie!" "Yeeeeeesssss?" I laugh "what are you doing?".

She comes up beside me "Well Kitt, I WAS peacefully walking to school until a certain someone started walking around and in front of me talking to himself.

"By the way my mum said you have to come over today after school" I put my hands in my pocket "I thought you were busy".

Lucy seems so hyper; like she had too much coffee. Does she drink coffee? I mean some people just like tea. But she seems like one of those people that would spend their weekend at the library, I don't know if that helps.

"Well, I have work from 6-9 and my mum said you have to so you are" I laugh "what if I can't?".

"Well why can't you?" I look at her wearing an outfit that looks like it was worn by a manikin at the mall
⤵️

"Well why can't you?" I look at her wearing an outfit that looks like it was worn by a manikin at the mall⤵️

with sunglasses, her black combat boots and her hair in those bun thingys. I don't know what they are called.

 I don't know what they are called

(She has dark brown hair)

She dresses quite fashionably

She dresses quite fashionably. I feel kinda bad because I'm just wearing something quite casual.

What were we talking about again? "Hellooooooo? Jeez man you're worse than I am in the morning

What were we talking about again? "Hellooooooo? Jeez man you're worse than I am in the morning. So can you come or not?".

I smile "yea I will. By the way do you still have my jacket?".

She put down her huge black backpack with painted roses full of books. Lucy starts taking out all of her books "yea. I  let it dry over night. Sorry, I think it's at the bottom of my bag.".

"Ummm it's ok you can keep it for-" "here it is" she springs up from the ground and hands it to me "thanks...".

I see her go back to the ground putting her books in her bag. Seeing her push her glasses up and put her hair behind her ear.

I bend down to help her "what's with all the books?" she gives a crooked smile "I'm a big reader and I have different books for different things.".

I pick one and read the title out loud "Romeo and Juliet?" she laughs "classic. And our school is doing a production of it. You should audition.".

She zips up her bag and we rise looking at each other "what makes you say that?" as we stood we were face to face.

I could hear her gulp and she stepped back. See Max, quirky.......maybe. Max, get out of my f-cking head.

"I dunno, extroverted people seem to be the best at these kind of things." we continue walking "well I will if you will" "deal".

I hear her hum the tune of a child tv show theme song. "M-I-C-K-E-Y" she laughs and sings along "M-O-U-S-E-""THATS ME!" we laugh.

"Sorry, my brother used to watch that show and it came on the tv this morning. It's weirdly catchy." I laugh "you should hear the remix".

And our conversation kept going like that until I saw Max at school talking to my presentation partner in music class.

"Hi Max, hi Rebecca."