Page 50 (Harvey)

"Alright. So, yea you're right high school relationships don't usually last..."

The fair is gonna close down for the day soon, so we're going on the Ferris wheel before we head home.

"But if we're ever gonna break up, you gotta spare my feelings and do it nicely"
she laughs at my tone of voice, which makes my point seem childish.

"The only way to spare your feelings is to have non for me."
"Well, too late now. Promise if we break up, it do it in the nicest way possible and that we'll always be friends."
I put out my right pinky and she laughs.

"What?! I'm serious" I take her hand "c'mon! Do it".

She puts out her right pinky "Fine. But same to you, be nice and we'll always be friends. This is so stupid by the way.".

Our pinky's intertwine
"Wait, I have an idea. Harvey, give me the crappy prize you got at that clown game."
"You mean the black sharpie?"
we let go.

She nods her head and holds out her hand. I take the permanent marker out of my pocket and hand it to her.

The second we get off the ride, Lucy pulls me to a table with 2 chairs. She takes my right hand and draws a black heart on my pinky, then on her own.

"Ooo tattoo" she puts the marker in her bag "No, the marker will fade, but it will take a while and all you need is rubbing alcohol and poof, erased." .

I smile and look at it "Nah this is gonna stay forever."

On the last train ride back, Lucy falls asleep. She's told me that she normally has trouble sleeping and that if she does, she probably found something to drain her energy.

She's so peaceful when sleeping. I put her head on my shoulder because she was really close to falling on the elderly couple next to us.

They gave me dirty look as I awkwardly apologized. After the first 2 stops I realized that I didn't know which stop was ours, so I ended up going on google  maps trying to figure it out.

Eventually I give up and ask the elderly couple for help.

"Maggie...Maggie...we have to get off at the next stop." I shake her softly. Her eyes flutter open "hmm?".

We get on the bus "How long did I sleep?" I look at my phone "About and hour.".

She rubbed her eyes and looks a bit surprised to see a mark on her finger. She puts her hands away from her face and looks at the heart on her pinky and I hold up mine and laugh.

"Huh, so it wasn't a dream"