"What do you want me to do Alice?"

"I want to be happy. And I thought that maybe, just maybe you would give me that chance. But the things that I've done mean that I don't deserve to be happy. I need to make up for everything I've done, and that's my choice to make. No one is telling me that I need to. I want to. If I can so easily switch sides, then I could have separated myself from my brother at any time and left. But I just let them do what they wanted, and that's not right."

"That's not what I asked."

"I don't want anything from you. I don't deserve it." Alice explained.

"Do you care how I feel?"

"Of course I care. But you don't feel that way about me."

"How do you know how I feel when you don't even know how you feel!?" Sarah roared. "You're supposed to be a broken little girl who does whatever the hell she wants!"

"Am I?"

"Yes! That's what everyone has been telling me for the last century! And yet when I finally meet you, years after you make me immortal, you have a whole range of emotions and just seem crushed! It's not fair!"

"How is it not fair?" Alice raised an eyebrow curiously.

"You're supposed to be a monster!" The mage bellowed, her hands tightly clenched into fists as her blue magic sparked and crackled up her arms. "You're supposed to be cruel, and spiteful! You're not supposed to cry after seeing your brother, and choke on your words after seeing me! You're not supposed to look and act human!"

"I'm not human."

"No! You're Alice fucking Daybreaker! You're supposed to act like the monster everyone thinks you are!... Not make me feel... guilty."

"Guilty? Why would you ever feel guilty?"

"Maybe... Maybe if I didn't leave you... you would have realized all this so much sooner." Sarah admitted.

"I was a monster." Alice explained. "Had you stayed I would have left you with the Nightshades, and nothing would have really changed."

Sarah sighed like there was more she wanted to say, but she bit her tongue. What more could she say? Alice was set in her ways, believing that everything she said was true. That she didn't deserve happiness.

"Alice, I want to be able to help you." Sarah admitted. "I know you're trying to do better, but you can take a bit of time for yourself too you know."

"It'll take some time." Alice confessed.

"We have a lot of time though."

"We do." Alice nodded.

"Maybe... we can... try?"

"I'm not likely good company."

"We won't know till we try."

---

"Are they going to be okay?" Alison questioned as she made herself comfortable in the bed, watching Kira who was sitting on Alison's desk, readying her violin for a song.

"I'm sure they'll be fine. Alice won't kill her mate, and I think Sarah really wants to try." Kira explained. "Hush now."

She began to play her music happily, her eyes closed as the music vibrated in her fiddle. Alison gladly listened, now completely entrapped by her spell.

Before Alison knew what she was doing she had stood up, and was kissing Kira passionately. Kira gently set her violin down and wrapped her arms around Alison's neck, smirking into the kiss as the wolf pressed her backwards where the back of her head hit the wall.