Chapter 16

Elijahs POV

It's been a few days since y/ns been staying at my house. I sit at my computer playing a game and y/n walks up behind me. "Goodnight Elijah" she says while heading over to the bed. I turn my computer off and turn off the light. I lay down by her side and try to fall asleep. DING

I look over to see y/n's phone flash. Someone must've texted her. I pick it up to see it's from Alex. I scan my fingerprint into her phone and open the conversation.

A-any new info about Elijah? Does he still think he's a sociopath?"

I put the phone down and look at y/ns sleeping body next to me. Did she really tell someone after she promised she wouldn't? I move my hand over to her shoulder and shake her until she wakes up.

"Whattttt" she groans.

"Did you tell Alex about me?" I say emotionlessly. She turns to face me and her expression changes.

"Why?" I shrug my shoulders and give her her phone.

"E-Elijah I-I-" She starts to talk but I just ignore her a lay down. "I'm sorry" she says still sitting up in the bed.

"It's not like I really liked you anyways" I say. I sit there quietly not even regretting what I said or caring if it was mean. I just wanted her not to spread it around and she did. I feel the other side of the bed move and the door slam behind me.

Y/n POV

I run out of Elijah's room, slamming the door behind me. I start to tear up as I run out of the house and outside. I decided to talk to the only person who really knows sketch other than Ethan. Sub.

Y- why is Sketch such a dick? I need to talk to you

S- ok wow. Demanding much? Lmao

Y- shut up I'm coming over and I need to talk. You're the only person who really knows him other than Ethan.

I walk down the silent street all the way to the pals house once again. I arrived at the house and walked in to see Sub already waiting for me.

"Spill the tea" he jokes. I roll my eyes and sit on the couch next to him.

"So I share a room with Elijah and He saw my messages with Alex about something and then he said heck never even liked me anyways." I say not going into much detail since it was kind of hard to explain.

"Wow harsh. You've been friends for like forever so what the heck is he talking about" he tries to support my side. I decide to talk to him a little bit more about it.

"Why is he like this?" I murmur and just stare off into the distance. Sub shrugs.

"I don't know. He wasn't like this before his mom died" he looks down awkwardly. We sit downstairs and talk for a while more before he goes and gets me a blanket so I can sleep on the couch.

"Thank you" I say as he comes back with a huge blanket and plops it on top of me. He smiles and says goodnight as he walks up to his room to go to sleep.