Chapter 10

Just then I hear footsteps up the stairs. I quickly turn around in the chair and stand up not even realizing that I was still holding the papers.

"IM GOING TO GET MY PH-" Elijah bursts through the door and his expression changes when he sees me. He looks down at my hands to see the papers.

"What are you doing?" He stutters with his eyes wide open.

"N-nothing." I slowly put the papers down. There's no way I can even explain this. How am I supposed to explain why I'm in his house? He slowly walks towards me and sits down on his bed.

"Do you think your a sociopath?" I ask him and he just stares down at his feet.

"Elijah there's nothing wrong with that" I say sitting down next to him and putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I don't want you thinking I'm dangerous." I all he says as look at him in shock.

"If I thought you were dangerous I wouldn't be hanging out with you all these years Elijah." I look down and feel him look at me.

"I-I cant explain what it's like. It's so confusing. The only time I can really feel any way is when I'm with you. I mean.. That's why i try to hang out with you so much. I don't understand." He blurts out, making me frown.

"If you don't mind me asking..what do you feel..when your with me?" I ask hesitantly, not making eye contact. He shrugs his shoulders.

"Happy? I think? I don't really know. It's tingly feeling" he tries explaining. I nod and look back at the ground.

"What about the other pals" I say as I put my feet up on his bed. He shrugs awkwardly

"I dont know y/n. It's hard to explain. It's not that I don't feel for them, I just don't know what the feeling is. Can we please just keep this between you and me? I don't even know if i'm a sociopath considering I like you" He blurts out. My eyes widen and his face goes red.

"Y-you like me?" I blush and he makes eye contact before slowly nodding

Elijah's POV

I slowly nod, my face completely red. I really hope she doesn't freak out considering we've been friends since we were like 14. What if she hates me after this? What would I do without her? She's the only one that really helps me.

"I'm s-sorry" I manage to whisper. She just shakes her head causing me to look back up at her.

Y/N POV

Elijah says sorry and I quickly shake my head as a way to tell him he shouldn't be sorry. He looks back up at me and I slightly smiled. I grabbed Elijah's hand and he looked down in shock. We both look back at each other and he opens his mouth to speak but before he can, I cut him off.

"I like you too" I blurt out and my whole face goes red. As I look up at Elijah, I see something that I've never seen him really do "by himself" before. Smile. I move closer to him and hug him.

"Elijah-" Ethan barges through the door me jump back in shock. I walks into the room with confused expression.

"Um. How did you get here" He awkwardly laughs. I awkwardly laugh and rub the back of my neck.

"Um so.." I begin and tell them the whole story of what happened. They both laugh and I just awkwardly blush and laugh along with them. I spend the rest of the day at their house. We all go downstairs and watch a couple of horror movies. In the middle of the second movie  I feel my eyes start to get heavier and heavier until I find myself asleep.

Elijah's POV

Halfway through the second movie, I feel y/n's head fall onto my shoulder. I look over to see her eyes closed. I slightly smile and look back up at the screen. After the movie is down, Ethan goes to his room and I pick y/n up bridal style and bring her to my room. I lightly lay her down in my bed and I lay down next to her. I turn the light off and fall asleep.