Chapter 2

I woke up to hear movement downstairs. It sounded like my door opening. I slowly get up and grab some random thing off my shelf as a weapon just in case. My feet hit the cold floor with every step as I make my way down the hallway and to the top of the staircase. I look down to see all my lights on. I live alone so It's really scary hearing noises in your own house. None of the boys told me they were coming over either. I take a deep breathe and quietly make my way down the stairs, shaking. I get to the bottom and hear a noise coming from the kitchen. I slowly walk through the corridor to see a figure standing with the cup a water.

"Elijah?" He turns to me and smiles.

"Whaddup." He winks and takes a sip of water. I slowly put down my weapon.

"What're you doing here?" I ask walking up to him. I was really confused considering he didn't even mention he was coming over and he decides to give me a heart attack.

"I just felt like it." He smirks. I giggle and go get water. We both walk to the living room and he puts his arm around my shoulder as we both sit down. I give him a confused look.

"We're hanging out today" He says almost emotionlessly. I nod my head and smile.

"I can but not all day" I reply and he takes his arm off my shoulder.

"Why not?" He asks, taking a sip of his water.

"I have to finish my 10 page essay." Though I have a youtube channel, I still take online college courses so I'm at least eligible for jobs if my YouTube career ends.

"What's it about" He says with a blank expression.

"Well, since I'm studying mental disorders and health I decided to do an essay on sociopaths." I say and his expression sort of changes to a twisted smile.

"Cool." He pauses for a moment and starts talking again. "Do you want to go get something to eat?" I say yes and get dressed. I grab my phone and some money. We both head to my car and go to y/f/r (your fav restaurant.) The whole car ride was silent. All you could hear was the faint sound of the radio fading in and out between 2 stations, and Post malone's Better Now occasionally being interrupted by static. I pull into the parking lot and we both get out of the car. I order y/f/f and Elijah orders the same thing. We choose a seat and sit and wait for our food.

"So how wa-" I was cut off by the ground shaking. I see crumbles of the ceiling from under the kitchen door. I grab Elijah's arm and stand up as I watch other customers and employees rushing out of the building screaming. I tug at his hoodie and try to run out but all Elijah does is stick his hands in his pocket and casually walking out of the restaurant with a dull expression. I looked at him with a shocked look wondering what he had just done. and he just shrugged.

"What?" he asked as everyone looked at him, confused.

"How were you so calm in there?!" I ask while we get in my car and drive off. We see many people standing outside of buildings and restaurants all okay but just nervous. It wasn't a huge earthquake but it was still scary. We decided to leave since the employees wouldn't be able to make our food afterwards and it was basically just a waste of time to stand there and watch as the fire is put out.

"Wow we didn't even get food." Elijah says to me and I just roll my eyes at his smartass comment. He can be a dick sometimes but I don't know what I would do without him.

"That's so messed up" I laugh and we drive back to my house. We hang out for a while before he has to leave.