Chapter 5

*Beep Beep Beep*

I groaned... It's too early. I lazily looked over at my alarm clock. 6 a.m. I had only gotten 3 hours of sleep. I had a blast with One Direction yesterday and I had to write my column for my job. MY JOB! Oh shit I had to get ready. I jumped out of bed and rushed into the shower. I got out and dried off. I ran to my closet and pulled out a yellow tee-shirt and black skinny jeans. I pulled on navy blue flats and put my hair up in a pony tail. I grabbed the folder that held my story in. I opened the folder and made sure it was all there. It was. I smiled at the paper remembering that it wasn't a dream and that it was real. Yesterday was real! It wasn't some dream. I looked at my watch. 7:30!!!! I had to be there in 20 minutes.

I rushed downstairs not bothering with breakfast and ran out the door. I got into my convertible and drove all the way to work. I worked at a high end magazine job. The magazine was called I CAUGHT WHO. Well it was a weird title. But people like weird and gossip. God do they adore it. It was just like STAR MAGAZINE OR PEOPLE MAGAZINE. Well I sure had a story to tell!

I checked into work one minute before I would have been late. I breathed a sigh of relief. I walked into my little cubicle that was a nice shade of blue. It was my place and I would design it how I wanted. Teehee. I opened my folders and let loose my stories. I organized them from NEW NEWS to NOT SO NEW NEWS. But it was time to face the boss. I sent a silent prayer up to please not have me be fired.

I gathered my things and walked confidently to his office. I was about to open his door when it opened right in front of me. I walked right into. "Harry?" 
"Hello love! Good luck." and he winked at me. I just stood there.
"(Y/N). Please come in and have a seat." My boss said to me.

"Sir. I am so sorry for not showing up to work yesterday. But I have all these stories to show you and." But he simply put up his hand and that shut me up.
"(Y/N). You are a very valuable source. You are one of our hardest workers and get the work done. You are never late and always put your best foot forward. Which is why I was so surprised when I didn't see you yesterday. But no matter. Show me what you have." I handed him the folders. 

"These are great (Y/N). Your friend explained the situation to me why you weren't here yesterday. I mean it's not everyday we have a celebrity save our ass! You my dear are promoted. How about my second in command? Higher pay but you'll have to work harder than you already do." he said. I was baffled, in shock, and squealing with joy on the inside.

"Oh sir! That would be a dream come true." I stood up and shook his hand. "You have the rest of the day to pack up your cubby and then tomorrow you'll be shown your new office." Office. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!! "Um Sir, what exactly did Mr. Styles say to you?" "My dear (Y/N). He simply explained the situation to me of why you were absent. I mean why would I fire the girlfriend of a celebrity. That would be a waste. You may go now."

"Thank you sir. But if I wasn't his girlfriend would I have been fired?" I asked. 
"Yes"

I thanked him again and closed the door. I went over to my little cubicle and packed up my stuff quickly and ran down to my car. Leaning on my car was the bad boy himself. Harry Styles. I beamed at the sight of him and ran to him. I set down my stuff and and hugged him. He lifted me up off the ground and spun me around. I giggled in delight..

"Harry how can I thank you enough? I got promoted! Big time! What did you say to him?" I asked. I had to know. "I told him that you were doing a story on me and that you were a hard worker. I also said that if you didn't get in trouble I'd ask the fans to read his magazines." He said with a cheeky smile."Also you can thank me. By going to dinner with me and the gang to celebrate your success. You can bring one friend." 

My head was buzzing.

"You know they really like you. Everyone does. Like who wouldn't?" Harry said.

"I don't know. Thank you Harry. Yes I'll go with you." I answered.

"Great. I'll pick you up at 9 p.m. But before then, do you want to grab some ice cream? With me? LIke right now?" He asked

"Yes I would really love a scoop." I kissed his cheek and put my things in my car.

A Baskin and Robins wasn't too far. Maybe a seven minute walk. But I wouldn't mind walking a thousand miles as long as I could walk with him.