Chapter 10: The Regal Mammoth part 2. Separation

Start from the beginning

Without warning, the beast threw the shell at Sunny. "He threw it?" Komatsu shouted. Sunny just stood there calmly as the shell hurled towards him. "Hair Net." Sunny said simply once the shell got closer and if she didn't know any better it looked like she caught a glimpse of a giant net catching the shell just mere inches from his face (with the long haired man wearing a wide cocky smirk) and the shell literally bounced BACK towards the beast. Komatsu then shouted in a dramatic fashion, "It bounced baaaack!"

"Sunny's counterattack, Spatula." Toriko told them between mouthfulls. Komatsu watched as Toriko had an armful of the black grass and continued to eat. "Why'd he blow away the first one to that degree. It was an awesome sort of power, eh." Judging from the look on the tomboy's face the reason was quite clear. The group watched as the beast stood up and charged at the long haired man. "Ah.. It was right to be vigilant about close range fighting. He would be helplessly entering into Sani's dining kitchen." Toriko told them as he popped more food into his mouth. "Dining kitchen?" Both she and Komatsu asked at the same time.

"Touch's range. 25 meters!" Toriko said as the beast got close to Sunny. Sarafina closed her eyes and calculated the distance between the beast and Sunny, and from what she got, Sarafina could help but smirk. The Rock Drum is less then twenty meters away. "He entered. Hair lock!" Sunny said as the beast suddenly froze as if locked into place. The man smirked as he told the beast, "Now from here, the preicous marble won't fall apart when cooked. Before cooking it has to be precisely tied up."

"Huh? Suddenly it's movement stopped." Komatsu said, staring as the beast strained to move. "At the moment it's tied up in Sunny's touch, it's over. Even with the Rock Drum's power, escape is impossible! Next, slowly...it will just be cooked. Sunny's high level body nature sense is what's called .1 microns to the superfine hair's tip, it extends to every nook and cranny. Sense of touch, pain, heat, and warmth are natural. With what are called skin taste buds the touch function even includes taste sensors. It can be said that it lightly surpasses the hand as a sense organ." So in other words when Toriko and gang first met Sunny it was like he was being licked and tasted by his senors.

No wonder Toriko looked disgusted. "Dining kitchen is when Sunny's touch extends to something inside it's range. Inside that, all ingredients and game are freely cooked and tasted." The beast made some sort a choking noise. "Cooking completely!"

"Sunny! Oi, Sunny!" Toriko called over to him as the hunter gathered up some of the meat from one of the fallen rockdrums. "I don' wanna. I've already got the shell. I'm going home." That statement seemed to shock the larger hunter. "You're going home?!" He said in surprise as he continued to gather. Holding up the piece of shell the long haired man continued, "I have to get this shell to a beaut'ful craftsmen to beaut'fully process it into a beaut'ful marble."

"Is beauty all that matters, Sunny?" Sarafina asked as she stood nearby with a hand on her hip, listening to the exchange between the men. "Of course! Without beauty, what would be the purpose?" Sunny started when something caught his attention. A split second later a roar was heard and all turned to see a Rock Drum running towards them. "The one we sent flying at the very beginning was still alive!" Toriko shouted in surprise. Both Rin and Komatsu said, "And it's completely healthy!"

"Damn, I forgot about knocking it." Sunny said before their world was thrown upside, getting kicked by the Rock Drum. Sarafina screamed as the group went flying through the air. Sarafina was alright with flying as long if it was with Kururu, but without her...it was terrifying. To make it worse for her, she and Kururu had gotten separated from the Rock Drum's kick. Eventually, the small group of Sunny, Komatsu and Sarafina had landed in the Mushroom Woods. With mushrooms as far ad the eye can see in all kinds of shapes, sizes and colours. Not one of her favorite goods but it beats being splattered all over the ground.