Chapter 10: The Regal Mammoth part 2. Separation

Start from the beginning

"He's been talking about us?!" Komatsu asked. Turning to face the Rock Drum and picking up a piece of a shell, Sunny said, "Now then, this is also a chance meeting. Let's make harmony together. Promote my beauty. And as support you too will again be glorious." The woman watched in amazement the long man's hair seemingly come alive and moving around. The beast roared and raised a fist to attack. "Sarafina! Komatsu! Get away! You'll be caught up in it!" Toriko told the two in a rushed panic. Eh? Just exactly how can they get away? "You should scatter beautif'lly." She heard Sunny say right before he said, "Spatula!" And a moment later some sort of force once again flung the beast backwards and landed on its back.

"How'zat? The feeling of taking your own punch." Sunny said as the force continued to push the beast back. Just how is he doing that? "Meep?!" She squeaked in surprise as she was picked up by a warm solid arm wrapped around her. "What!?" Was all she said as Sarafina heard Toriko say, "Come on, you two!"

"Waaah!" Komatsu cried out as he too was picked up and moved to some distance away from the long haired man. "About how far is the range, Sunny?!" Toriko called over to him as he put the two down. "N... Oh, right. About 25 meters."

"It's a lot wider than in the old days. Your dining kitchen." Toriko told him in slight surprise. Dining kitchen? Sunny smirked a bit. "I'm amazed with your 5-hit nail punch, Toriko." Toriko gave a slight before saying proudly, "That's still not the most hits I can do, though! However, avoid damaging the meat as much as you can when you bring down the Rock Drum, Sunny." The girl could of sworn she heard a hmph come from the man. "I don't care. My goal ain't the meat."

"To...Toriko-San! What on earth is happening?!" Eh? Where's Komatsu? Looking around quickly, she saw Komatsu hiding behind a rock. Oh dear. "Hey Komatsu! Get back over here!" Sarafina called over to him as Toriko said, "Come closer, Komatsu! You'll get caught!"

"What does that mean?" Sarafina asked, looking up at her fellow hunter as Komatsu called out from his hiding place. "Caught?! What you mean?!"

"It's Sunny's touch! From the tips of his own hair he is able to stretch around his flexible touch. About .1 micron." Toriko explained as they watched the long-haired man's hair continue to move about. So all the attacks Sunny has made has been caused by using his hair? Consider her impressed! It didn't even occur to her that hair could be used for attacking, of course, considering how long and how thin hair is it makes sense.

"Point one micron?! Though, about how much is that?" Komatsu asked in disbelief. "If an extremely thin spider thread is 50, so it's thickness is 1.. Anyway, you can't see it with the naked eye."

The woman glanced over to the fight. "Wonder what that would look like..." It would be a sight to see all the different hair strands moving. She would love to see that kind of view. Sarafina didn't know Toriko frowned slightly at the comment as a wave of jealousy went through him before he squished it flat. "B..but something that thin would be easily cut, wouldn't it? Surely like a spider web.." Komatsu started before the hunter could continue.

"Spider's thread is fairly strong. But Sunny's touch is a different dimension. Manipulated at his will, one string of his touch's tensile strength is 250g. Sunny's touch is the strongest thread of that width on the earth. I can't even cut it. That sort of thing can, from just a number of hairs, can extend to an infinite amount. In total, there are no less than 200,000, and they're a tough bunch of threads! With that degree of power he's able to lift such as this as the mammoth easily!" Toriko explained.

Sarafina whistled low as Komatsu turned to look at Sunny in amazement. "It...it looked like he was carrying that mammoth with one hand. So there were many invisible touches supporting it?" Sunny looked over and noticed that there was one left of the Rock Drum. "That so...there's just one left." He watched the beast, waiting for it to make a move. 'Don't come 'ny closer. He has a wild intuition.' The beast reached up to it's shoulder and ripped off a piece of its shell, making Rin and Komatsu stared in shock. While Sarafina sheathed her sword and Toriko ate more of the black grass.