CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

"Take care of yourself first. Father will say family first, but he's wrong. You must take care of yourself because nobody else will."

- Tyrion

"I need to speak with him," Joanna insisted. She was freezing under her muddy dress, with only furs covering her. 

"He's busy,"  the guard said. Joanna wanted to break the pointy tip off the top of his stupid helmet and shove it into his eyes. 

"Listen to me, fool." She began, taking a step towards the man, waging her finger when the flap of the tent opened. 

"What's going on out here?" Robb's voice was low, it was obvious he was tired. "Joanna?" He blinked a few times, then looked between the guards and the girl in front of him. 

"Hello, Robb," Joanna's voice was sultry when she greeted him. She did not want to try a smile, in fear it would look bad. 

"Is something wrong?" Robb asked, running a hand through his auburn curls. 

"I would like to speak with you," she explained. Robb nodded and gestured her to enter his tent. 

"My lord, are you sure?" One of the two guards asked, causing the second one to nudge him. 

"Your Grace," the second guard corrected him. Your Grace? Joanna wondered. Robb must have seen her furrowed brows and shook his head, trying to hide his bashful look.

"I'm sure, Olivar," Robb spoke to his guard, then nodded at Joanna asking her to come in, and she did, following him and letting the flap of the tent close.  Now that Joanna was in his tent, she wasn't quite sure what to do. She knew she needed to get the chains off of her legs, she could not run away if she rattled every time she took a step. Absentmindedly, she itched her head, trying to get the mud out of her dirty hair.

"What are you here for, Joanna?" Robb seemed tired, exhausted. She was not sure if her plan would work. Once again, she picked at the mud in her white locks.

"I would like a bath?" she said her desire more like a question.  

"A bath?" Robb repeated, unsure if he had heard her correctly. 

"It has been much too long since I have bathed," Joanna explained. "And now I am covered in mud," she sighed.

"I can have one sent to your room," Robb nodded, however, his feet did not move, he seemed stuck. Joanna took that as an opportunity to step forward, and run her hands over his clothed arms. When she looked up at him, it was between her lashes. 

"You seem tense," she squeezed his arm lightly. Robb looked around the room slightly uncomfortably and rubbed the back of his neck. "When was the last time you relaxed?" She hummed. For a moment, Joanna was worried that she had done something wrong, as he was quiet, the but look in her eye told her something different. "Bathe with me," she said. Robb swallowed thickly, his sea blue eyes searching her green ones, then his gaze dropped to her lips. Joanna had to remind herself why she was in his tent. "You could get the mud from my hair." Rob smiled slightly. "And I could rub your back," she squeezed his arms again, and he gazed into her face, seemingly completely absorbed in her.  "Besides," she ran her hands up to his shoulders and linked them around the back of his neck, pulling herself closer to him. "I've missed having you near." Robb nodded slowly, grinning, then his nod sped up and a blush crept up his neck. 

"Wait here," he said huskily and exited the tent. Joanna took the time to search the surroundings. His room was larger than any of the others she had been in. The bed was large and covered in furs, the desk filled with papers. Casually, she glanced over at another table, this one obviously a war table. But still, she could not find the key to her chains.