chapter nine

Jay's P.O.V.

I just finished my duties and was walking towards Niesha's room to wake her up. I knew thinks how been rocky with her denying my proposal, but I know someday when this is all over she will yes this time. I suddenly felt a nail on my back.

" Hello cousin," Jade answered. " Hi cousin," I answered back. " So how's the lovely girlfriend?" She asked. " She is fine I was just about to wake her up," I answered. " Honestly that surprise you are still with her," she commented. " Why do you say that?" I questioned, " Because if a girl on the isle said no to Jay, you would easily forget about them." She answered. " Well, I have changed in the past seven years," I answered. " I'm sure you have, well see you, cousin, I have some studying to do." She said walking in the shadows.

As creepy and annoying as she is she was still my cousin and she was like a sibling to me. I opened the door of Niesha's room to see books and paper all over the place. She must have been studying magic to defeat The Spider again. I picked most of the books up and set them on the table. She looked so cute when she was sleeping even if she was drooling, I nudged her softly for her to wake up.

" Lotus, wake up." I said. " why my bed feels so good." she answered. " Because you have a big day ahead of you," I said. " Fine," She said opening her eyes. " Here is some green tea lemonade and some bacon and eggs," I answered. " Oh baby you didn't have to do that," she answered hugging me. " Its ok now get dressed we have a ceremony to do," I answered. " What ceremony?" She asked. " The lighting of the lotus lamps for the new year," I answered. " What time is it?" She asked. " It's 10:30," I answered. " I'm late for the dress fitting!" She screamed. "What dress fitting?" I asked. " My mother wanted me to have a dress made for the lotus lighting it's a tradition," She answered. " Okay, I will let you go and get dressed..." I was cut off.

Niesha grabbed me by the collar of my uniform and kissed me, she tried walking away. But after that tease I couldn't control myself I grabbed her and carried her to the bed.

Niesha's P.O.V.

After a great morning with Jay I walked fashionably late to my dress fitting, Evie was there walking back and forth waiting for me. To be honest I was Surprised my mother choose Evie instead of her own personal tailor.

" You're late," Evie answered. " Sorry, Just was having a fun morning with jay," I answered. "Well I know what that means, get into the new gown and I will see if I need to make changes," She replied. She handed me the dress. " Its pink," I answered. " Trust me the kingdom wants to see you in something other than gold or maroon," she commented. " Harsh," I whispered. " I heard that now go try on the dress." She said waving me away.

I hated the color pink with a passion, it was just so tacky. I put on the dress and went out to see if Evie would tie the corset back. I held in my breathe, the more and more I looked at the dress I started to like it in a weird way.

" Now, take a look." She said. " Wow, surprisingly I like the color," I answered. " I am always right." She answered. " Who let out all the frogs out to see if one of them was Queen Tiana's son," I commented. " Okay I'm right 90% of the time," She answered. We both laughed, " Now you have how many hours to get ready?" Evie asked. " I don't know it noon now so about four hours," I answered. " Perfect!" she screeched. " Why?" I questioned. " It's makeover time!" She yelled. " Oh no," I said.

She sat me down and started putting my hair up in a bun and doing my makeup, I wasn't surprised that she was taking longer than me to do my makeup. Suddenly her assistant came in and hand her a red pillow with a box on top. She placed me in front of the mirror and took the box right off the pillow.

" Now, your mother instructed me to be very careful with this crown," Evie said placing on my head. " It the lotus crown," I muttered. " It will be stunning the lotus jewels as well," She answered. " How did you get these?" I asked. " Your mother asked me here a week before to make you a dress and to hold of to these jewels with my life," Evie said. " Thank you, "I said looking back at her. " Now, you have 30 minutes to walk there and give the best entrance you have ever given," Evie answered as she pushed me out of the room.

I walked gracefully down the stairs, I could tell the guards were stunned by my amazing look. But all I could look at was Jay standing at the bottom of the stairs, I was blushed when I got close to him. He grabbed my hand and walked me to the balcony with all the guest staring at us.

" You look beautiful tonight," He whispered. " Thank you," I answered. Everyone was still staring. " My father sadly couldn't be but we will still celebrate the blooming of the lotus flowers, But let us join together and witness this special occasion!" I announced. " I'm impressed," Jay whispered. " Well, I can't wait for the fortune teller to come," I answered. " Who?" Jay asked. " She comes every year and predicts the future, All of her fortunes come true," I answered. " I think she is here," Jay pointed towards her.

The fortune teller walked towards us and took a seat. I quickly sat down as well and grabbed jay hand to make him sit down as well, I was so nervous and excited at the same time.

" I'm a huge fan," I answered. " Hello princess, now let me see your palm." She instructed. I gave her my hand. " Oh, I see," She commented. " What is it?" I asked. " You're in bloom," SHe answered. " What do you mean?" I questioned. " You will have four seeds, two will fight but one will win." She answered. " What do you mean?" I asked again. " I'm done for tonight," she said.

She stood up and walked away from us. What did she mean by me being in bloom?