Chapter 18

***

***

Ji ni was staring at me probably waiting for my reaction but I just stared at him with a blank face.

I don't know how I'm suppose to react. I feel like an idiot thinking what I should do. My lips set on a straight line and I can now feel Ji ni turn to look at him on the stage.

"Daebak," Ji ni said in remark.

I stare at him standing beside my brother on the stage. Why is he even in that group? There are tons of boy band here in Korea and he fucking ended up with my brother?

Does he even know he's my brother? Probably not because my brother would've messaged me right then and there.

This is all fucked up.

All my memories resurfaced again as I look at his familiar face.

He must've just used Shin hye to make me think that he's leaving because of her but this is even worse.

He's thinking is so twisted as fuck and I can't even comprehend this anymore.

He knew that I hated being left behind without a proper explanation and closure yet he still did that.

Why would he pick on something I really feared and hated?

"I promise,"

His words came back running and I start to feel my blood boil.

I stayed silent until the program ended. Everyone was dispersing and I can see them coming back down the stage.

Shit, Jimin shouldn't see me here. He doesn't need to know that I'm Jungkook's sister.

All his band members went to their families as they take pictures.

"Ji ni, turn around. Jimin doesn't need to know we're here," I told her and she immediately did as I say.

Jungkook came infront if us, our backs facing the stage.

We acted as if nothing happened and congratulated and hugged him.

We were so cautious and alert because we knew that anytime, Jimin could just come where we are.

Ji ni must've felt me uneasy so she looked at me knowingly.

"Oppa, I'm really not feeling well. Can Hyun mi accompany me home?" she said faking her illness.

"Don't you want to go to the hospital? It's pretty near here," he offered.

We both said no at the same time making his brows furrow.

"I just need to rest," Ji ni followed through.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Are you sure? Because we'll also have a celebration party so I need to leave early," he tilted his head to the side.

"Perfect, we better go-" I stopped talking when I heard someone speak behind me.

"Jungkookah, we need to go," Jimin said.

I instantly froze in my spot as my eyes looked at Ji ni who's beside me.

Ji ni just waved her hand signaling Jungkook that we're leaving and I also waved mine.

We hurriedly walked away. Not turning to look at him.

We were walking so fast when I heard Jungkook called out.

My heart is beating so loud. Don't say my name, don't say my name.

"Message me when you get home!" he said and I heaved a sigh of relief as I lifted my hand to let him see the 'ok' sign.

"Who are they?" Jimin asked my brother and Ji ni pulled me fast, out the door.

"My sister and my cousin," Jungkook simply said and they were now out of my earshot.

"What the fuck was that?!" Ji ni lets go of me as she smack her forehead.

"Oppa wouldn't just casually say that I'm his sister right? And besides, he doesn't even know I knew Jimin," I said reassuring myself.

"Yeah, probably. But this just means you get to see him in all their concerts and gatherings. Him knowing your relationship with Jungkook oppa will be inevitable," she now stated the fact as we start walking to go get something to eat.

This situation is so fucked up.

---

I decided to go home when we arrived here in Busan. Ji ni wanted to come over but I just said I needed alone time so she agreed.

I now lie in my bed staring at the ceiling.

What is it that they're drawn to being an idol?

Even Jimin got on the pedestal and got trained just for 3 months? How the hell did he even got in there?!

He told me he doesn't want the spotlight but he went there and now he's a fucking idol?!

Who is he fooling?

Now I start to wonder what it feels like to be an idol. My interest is getting more piqued as I try to think about it.

If my brother and Jimin did it, can I do it too?

I know I said I never wanted to be an idol but I am so frustrated and offended by what Jimin did.

He just left me hanging in the air and now I just found out he's an idol?

It just doesn't make sense how being an idol made everything so hard for me.

Is it really that worth it to just let go of everything while pursuing the limelight?

Jimin could've just told me and maybe then I would've understand but he chose to just leave without me knowing the real reason why he did what he did.

As these thoughts ramble in my head,
I sat up when a stupid idea hit me. As stupid as it sounds, I'm going to do it for the sake of my sanity, I'm going to do it not because I wanted to but because I'm curious what this industry has to offer.

Is it really worth it to drop people off to stand under this spotlight?

I dialed my brother's number. And when he picked up, he sure was surprised by what I said.

"Oppa, I want to become an idol,"

•••