Chapter 9

***

***

Jimin's POV

As I wrap my arms around her from the back, I can feel her stiffen. If this was a normal day I would probably tease her for tensing up but she really is acting different today.

She just started playing the piano, the music sounds so sad, afraid even. I don't know what to do next so I just stayed rooted where I was standing, my arms still wrapped around her.

The sound of the music is giving me the feels. She's like talking to me through it and I don't know why but I feel like I can understand this language she's introducing me into.

My chin now rests on her right shoulder looking out the window.

"You know you can tell me what's been bugging you right?" I said gently near her ear.

Her body started shaking inside my arms and started sobbing. I can feel her warm tears as it drops simultaneously on my arm.

"You shouldn't be seeing this," she said in between her sobs.

"I shouldn't be seeing what?"

"This, me wearing my glasses, me crying,"

Then it hit me, her mom just said she was bullied because of her glasses back in the day and it's making her feel insecure and vulnerable.

"No baby, they're just your glasses. It's normal to wear glasses,"

Baby? What the hell did I just say?

Oh fuck it, she might not even notice what I just called her.

"They're not 'just glasses' Jimin. You must pity me right now that's why you're doing this,"

"No, that's not true,"

She started to play the keys roughly now until they turn into distorted sounds that signifies her anger.

"Why?! Why?! Why?!"  she started yelling.

I let go of her and stood beside her cupping her face while tilting it gently so her eyes meets mine.

"Miah, you know that's not true. Wearing glasses is not something you should be insecure about. If you need them, wear them. Look at what just happened a while ago. You just hurt yourself. I don't want you hurting yourself," I spoke gently.

A tear rolled down her eye and I gently wiped it away with my thumb.

"You just don't understand," her lips started to quiver.