"Robby?" He didn't even bother to lift his head. "Why did you never tell me?" I spoke softly, carding my hand through his hair, gently running my fingers down the side of his face and over his beard.

"I- I couldn't. He... he wouldn't let me. He would hurt me." I hugged him close.

"Robby you need to get out, it isn't safe for you here. It isn't healthy." He sighed, closing his eyes as two more fat tears rolled down his cheeks. "I have to get you out of here now. I'm not letting you stay while he's here."

There wasn't any option for him to say no, I was asserting my dominance and telling him that there was no way in hell that he was staying as long as I was alive. He thought for a few seconds but nodded, he knew there was no choice.

"Good. Pack your stuff, I'll pack mine and then we're getting the first flight out of here to Australia. I'll apply for your Visa and book a flight as soon as we're out of here and into a hotel." I sniffed, scowling as I heard the front door slam after his footsteps had run down the stairs. He was fleeing, the coward.

"Lachy?" I looked down when I heard my name, spoken softly and his voice shook.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

-----------------------------------------------------

We stood at the gate to our flight, it was only a few minutes to go before it took off and we could get the hell out of there. The two of us had stayed in a hotel for 5 days while everything was sorted out, our flights were booked, Rob's visa was approved.

We had spent a few hours in the house packing everything Rob needed as it wasn't hard for me to pack because most of my stuff was already in my suitcase. He knew that he wasn't coming back so he took the most important things but even then we still had to leave a lot behind.

There were six suitcases between the 2 of us, both of us had paid for an extra bag each (the airline allowed us 2 each) and I managed to squeeze some of his stuff into my bag. We took his entire computer set up and got it shipped back to my house, as well as some other things too big to take in our bags.

And so there we sat, waiting for the gate to open. Rob had been silent, he wasn't much of a talker, and his hand was curled into mine for comfort, a book open in his lap.

"First class and business class on flight 17AA9 to Brisbane, Australia is now boarding at gate 32." I cringed slightly at the way the announcer pronounced Brisbane, it's Bris-bin not Bris-bane, and tugged on Rob's hand.

I had paid for the two of us to fly home on business class, away from the noise of economy class where we could be more separated from other people.

"We're almost there Robby, you're almost away."

-------------------------------------------------------

Rob didn't fully relax until the flight had taken off, worried that Preston would still find a way to get him back. I had reassured him the whole time, letting his head rest on my shoulder and his hand press in mine until he finally realised that he was safe.

Once back at home in Australia he finally settled down into a rhythm where he felt comfortable. His stuff was all in the guest room but after the first night when he awoke screaming from a nightmare, he slept in my room like we had shared the bed in the hotel. He simply didn't want to be alone.

He got back into recording, really only recording with Vikk and I as I had told Vikk what was happening, but he uploaded. It took a few days, but things started to change as he got more comfortable around me and showing his vulnerability.

He clung to me constantly, but I didn't mind and he kind of became my cuddle buddy even though nothing was official. It would have been too fast, too soon and I would never want him to feel like he was pressured to do anything, especially after what he went through.

"Hey Robby?" He looked up, slightly startled, from where he was sat on the couch beside me. He was editing a video. "Are you okay?" He thought for a few seconds.

"I don't know." He said, softly. "I want to be, but I know I'm not and probably won't okay for a long time."

"At least you're admitting it, it'd be worse if you tried to deny it." I smiled to myself. "You don't need to be okay right now, I just need to know if..." I thought, I couldn't find the right word.

"If it's better?" I nodded. "Yes. It's better, everything is so much better."

"Good." I was about to lean back on the couch when his hand reached out to grab my forearm, pulling me close to him. I blinked, surprised.

"I just want to say thank you. For-" He stumbled. "For everything."

I leaned in and hugged him tightly, squeezing his shoulders and burying my head into his shoulder. I was just so happy that he was out of that relationship and in a safe and calm environment where he could recover from the abuse.

When I pulled away I smiled at him and was again about to lean back when Rob's hand caught my cheek and pulled me back in close to him. He was eyeing my lips and I suddenly got his meaning.

"Are you-" He cut my off my leaning and kissing me, hard. His hand was still resting on my cheek and it was only a few seconds before I relaxed into it, our foreheads coming to rest together.

When he pulled away the both of us were a fiery red.

"That's want I meant by thank you Lachy." His voice was barely above a whisper. "You showed me how wrong it was and you got me out. So... thank you."

"You saved me."