1~ only the beginning

Word Count: 567

The darkness of the cold halloween night wrapped itself around the sky.

A sharp and loud knock was heard at the door of the Diggory household.

Could be an intruder? Or someone from the ministry? Regardless Amos Diggory and his wife Charlotte Diggory rushed to the door, wands in hand.

As the rain crashed against the house, the opened the door ready to attack.

There wasnt anyone there.

They looked down to see a small child who seemed to about one year of age in a basinette.

The baby had a note and a necklace with it.

Amos and Charlotte couldnt just leave the child out there in the freezing rain so, they took it in and set the basinette down on the sofa.

Charlotte took the baby in her arms and cradled it, realizing is was a girl.

The beautiful dress that covered the baby girl's body was a sign of great wealth and fortune so they wondered why a very wealthy family would give up a child.

Amos read the note that came with her aloud,

"Dear Mr. and Mrs. Diggory. This may come as a shock to you but I leave my child in your capable hands. Though I cannot reveal myself to you, but me and my husband have left a few things for her. She cant know her past life, and I trust you can do that for me. I would never want my child to be revealed to what a monster her family was. Her brother is going to a different family as well, less of a chance of them meeting. Her name is Lilith Annalise Riddle, but I hope you can take her in as your own. I know you recognize the name but please, do not say a word. You have my greates of gratitude and thanks.."

Amos and Charlotte were pale, they were shocked, but they knew they could keep this child safe.

Maybe change her ride of passage?

Soon enough a groggy little boy ran down the steps of the home, into the living room.

"Mama? Papa? Whats that?" The boys clung to his mother's side, pointing at the baby in her arms.

Charlotte paused and looked at Amos.

Amos sighed and nodded.

"Your sister," She made him sit down next to them on the couch.

Cedric's eyes lit up as Charlotte placed the baby in his arms.

"Sissy! Hi sissy!" He grinned.

Lilith's eyes opened at the voice of Cedric, her now brother.

"Bubba?" She said through an abundance of baby noises.

"Yes yes! Im your bubba! My name is Cedric! You can call me Ceddy! I promise to be a good big bubba! We're gonna have so much fun!" Cedric laughed and slightly bounced the baby in his arms.

This was a life decision that Amos and Charlotte knew they wouldnt regret.

They had been trying for another baby since forever, and they finally had the chance to start a new.

But then again, this was only the beginning,