9 ~ Buckbeak

Word Count: 1741

"Draco just shut up about Hagrid being the new Care For Magical's Creatures proffesor! Hes good with animals and its just a job." I exclaim.

Draco has sort of disgusted look on his face, like i disrespected him.

"Easy for you to say, halfbreed. Hes a disgrace." He hisses.

"I for one like Hagrid, okay? I think he'll be a good teacher."

"We'll see."

I sigh with frustration and keep walking down the hill.

We get ready for class. To open the books, you have to stroke the spine and will like you see it. So I do so.

Its was a peculier book, especially since it was alive.

I sit down on a tree trunk and gaze at the midday sky. Hermione taps my shoulder so I look up.

"Hi Mione!" I grinned, resiting my forearms on the book.

"Mind if I sit with you?" She asked, gesturing to the tree stump.

"Not at all!" I nod and skoot over.

She sits next to me while we wait for class to start.

Of course Draco starts teasing Harry so Hermione leaves me on the stump.

Ever since Harry fainted from the dementor, Draco wouldnt let it go one bit. I got up from where I sat and walked to the front of the class, to see if I could get a better veiw of the lesson about to happen.

Through the bickering I couldnt even make out what Hagrid was saying.

"Who wants to meet him?" I look up from the book to see Hagrid gesturing to the beautiful Hippogriph infront of us. My eyes light up and I step forward raising my hand as high as I could.

"Lily! You look excited! Come and meet Buckbeak." Hagrid grins at how cheery I am.

I set my book down and step forward immensley slow, not wanting to intimidate the creature.

Buckbeak immeaditatly sees my presence and starts walking forward towards me in a curious manner. I keep my bowing stance towards it as I slowly back up. Hagrid mentours me all of the time so Ive met Buckbeak once before but now I get to show off infront of everyone.

I look up slightly to make eye contact with the best who is now only inches away from me.

I bring my hand out for him to sniff and recognize my scent. With one wiff of my hand he bows to me as well. I stand to meet him and pet his beak. He tries to bury himself in my neck, much like a horse.

"Well done Ms. Diggory! Why dont we have someone else have a turn?" Hagrid clasps his hands together.

I softly kiss Buckbeak's feathers and make my way back to the crowd, but Buckbeak tries to follow me.

I chuckle as he bows again, trying to make me come back. He chirps, motioning his head to me.

I shoo him away with my hand and with a sad look on his face he gallops back to the center.

God I wish I had a Hippogriph, or at least a horse. Id ride it for hours and hours.

Of course Hagrid calls upon Harry.

Harry approches Buckbeak, mimicking what I did. Once Buckbeak has bowed to Harry, Hagrid cheers him on.

"How about you ride him!" Hagrid picks Harry up, and places him on Buckbeak.

Buckbeak takes off with Harry on his back, taking them off into the sky.

I let out a huff. Ive never flew with him and im the one whos with him the most. Favoristism is definetly clear here.