10 ~ Galleons

Word Count: 786

I sit on the steps watching patiently out the window.

I tap my fingers on my notebook and try to focus my mind.

"Please please please have mercy in your hearts..." I mumble to myself, waiting for the execution of Buckbeak to proceed.

I look down at the rocks to see Hermione, Harry, and Ron having a standoff with Draco, Gregory, and Vincent.

I don't mind them, their business is definitely not mine. I want nothing to do with Draco right now. I'm frustrated with him. I still ache and hope that things could be different but they aren't and that's how it's supposed to be. Right?

Why is it that when they have trouble, its mine too? I feel like im being distanced from by the guys.

And Cedric.

Cedric's been avoiding me more often. I dont know what i'm doing wrong. Its like i'm doing everything wrong.

I stand up and walk down the stairs, not wanting to be in that spot anymore since I already know whats going to happen and it might as well go on without me being able to see it. I wonder for a while, no motive to go anywhere but just wanting to walk. I hum a small tune while I move and soak in the fall air. Fall means its closer to winter and winter is my favorite season. Winter means snow, and snow means snowball fights and snow angels, and snow angels and snowball fights mean... happiness. Its harder to find hapiness in things and people these days. I cant trust anyone anymore and somehow i've realized that I can never leave Draco, Vincent and Gregory. My other friends are hard to become closer with when I know that I will always go back to my Slytherin friends. I will always differ from them and I will always be the bad guy. I've known that for a while now.

I find a spot to sit in while I write and read through my classwork notes as the sun sets. I should be doing something else better with my time but why not do something productive with my time? Those perfect Os arent going to earn themselves. I cant get anything else but Os anymore, dad made that quite clear a few reportcards ago. Its always the sweetest looking that are the most strict isnt it.

But that can appose itself as well. Take Draco for instance. He looks cold and rude, though somtimes he is, but to me he's... he's sweet. He's kind and he's my friend. I could be very biased but thats how I see him. I'm probabaly one of the only ones who even get to see that side of him anyways.

"Lily, hey little bear," I hear.

I look up and and met with the face of my brother, "Mind if I sit with you?"

I nod infront of me and he squeezes into the crevice and sits infront of me.

"Where have you been?" I mumble, continuing to write.

"Quidditch mostly," He chuckles.

"What about those lady friends i've been seeing you hang around?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Ah yes, my lady friends. Well theres Andreah and Juleka, and theyre doing just fine." He nods winking at me.

I let out an amused breath before looking back down, "Anything else new?"

"Dad and Mom sent us a letter," He says.

That catches my attention.

I look up at him and close my notebook, "What... what did it say?"

"They sent money and new toothbrushes. Plus wanted to inform us about the ministry christma party's date." He nods.

"Money for you i'm assuming, and like usual, i'm not going." I scoff.

"Ten galleons for me... and five for you." He hands me the five golden coins.

"Thats a first," I blink, looking at them with slight disbeleif, "Are they going to blow me up or something?"

"No," He laughs, "And just so you dont think that, i'm giving you mine."

He takes the five out of my hand and places ten more in it's place.

"Ceddy I cant--"

"Hey now you can buy that new journal you wanted, plus a nice new book to add to your growing collection. Also I finally found those 5th year curriculum books you wanted of mine so if you wanna stop by the Hufflepuff dorms later I can give them to you." He lists.

I look at him, sparkly eyed, almost on the verge of tears, "Thank you,"

"Hey dont worry little bear, you know i'm youre number one," He slides out of the crevice and stands by me.

"I'll walk you to your dorm, okay?" He smiles and motions for me to follow.