Chapter thirty seven ~ happily ever after?

Start from the beginning

    “My vow to you is that I will never leave you again, no matter what happens. I’ll be right there next to you through sickness and health, as you have been there for me. You saw something in me when nobody else cared enough to even cast a second glance. You made me realize I could become something way better, and I will work hard from now on to prove that to you. You believed in me when I was at my weakest, and now I’m standing here with you, as equals, and I promise that I will love and care for you till death do us apart.” She took a deep breath and placed the ring she was holding to Joon’s ring finger.

    “Jean…” he smiled. “I did prepare what exactly to say today, but looking in your eyes right now, all of it seems nonsense.” he sighed before continuing. “You are the most amazing woman I’ve met in my life. Our relationship definitely had more downs than ups, yet we are somehow standing together, as you said, on this altar. What’s in the past is a part of our lives, we learn from our mistakes and carry on. I hadn’t been the husband you deserved at the time, I neglected you when you tried to offer me your love. Now though, I see that there is nothing more important than family. You are the first woman I have dated that didn’t seem just interested in my riches. You really cared, and I failed to care back as time passed. From now on, I swear to never neglect you. I will dedicate all my time to you and our family, because there is nothing more important to me than you and Taehyung. I know now that I’m too late to be realizing that, I will do my best to make it up for the lost times.” He slowly took Jean’s hand and placed the ring.

    “By the powers vested on me by the state of Busan, I now pronounce you husband and wife.” Bogum smiled, turning to Namjoon. “You may now kiss the bride.”

    As Namjoon leaned in to kiss Jean, Taehyung discreetly wiped off a tear. They looked so cute together, they looked so much like they were made for each other that some people in the crowd “aww”d and some just smiled and clapped. Hoseok heard a small sob from next to him and turned around to see Yoongi with teary eyes. Yoongi didn’t realize this at first, but when he saw his boyfriend staring at him in utter shock he quickly wiped his tears and said “it’S CUTE OK?!” a bit too loudly. Someone behind him aggressively shushed him so he turned around and made a face.

    Jimin and Jungkook, totally oblivious, were holding each other’s hands and watching Taehyung’s reaction. His happiness was so genuine that they just wanted to walk up the altar and hug him and never let go, but that would have been socially inappropriate. The only thing holding them at that moment was the fact that they were sitting right across the aisle from the parents of the bride and the groom, and they didn’t wanna make a scene. Plus, Jimin had a crazy headache because of all the stress.

x    X    x

    Cocktail hour went as planned nothing really happened. Everyone was very happy, all guests were well served. Jimin drank a little bit too much though, at the end he couldn’t even properly walk and had started seeing some black spots. Jungkook took him away from the crowd for some air a little while. Jimin wasn’t a lightweight, he had no idea why it happened. He didn’t feel drunk, he had just lost his balance. He took some painkillers and it all passed in a few minutes in time for dinner.

    After everyone’s dinner got served, Namjoon stood up. “Hello everyone, thank you for joining us on a great day like this. I know the best man should be giving his speech right now, but I wanted to say a few words before giving the non-existent mic to him. I know, having your son as a best man in your wedding with his mom doesn’t seem like a normal choice but you see, my first best man is in jail right now.” the crowd chuckled lightly. “And, I really wanted Taehyung next to me on the altar today. As I stated in my vow, I neglected my family for way too long, but now I see that they truly are my best friends in life. I realize now that Taehyung is the only person -that I’m not marrying- that I can trust with my everything. I am very glad that he is a part of my life, and I am deeply sorry that I haven’t been a big part of his.” he smiled to his son and sat down.