Chapter twenty four ~ gifts

“So… who’s starting with the gifts?”

    “I’ll go!” Jimin said enthusiastically. They were all sitting in a semicircle on three couches around the small three on the table in the middle. Two of the couches that were facing each other, were smaller. Yoongi and Hoseok were sitting on one of them while the other, the one further away from the table was occupied by Jin and Namjoon. Tae, Jimin and Jungkook were on the larger couch in between those two, facing the wall and the television.

    There was a lack of gifts on the table and seven people. There were four wrapped boxes with various shapes and sizes on the table under the miniature christmas tree but none of them were half as big as a shoe box. One of the gifts had a letter attached to it and Jimin got up from where he was sitting between his boyfriends to take that one. “My gift is for Yoongi. I was actually too happy when I pulled his name in secret santa as we have known each other for a long time and I know what you like.”

    He handed the gift to Yoongi and talked on while he waited for Yoongi to open it. “I know you don’t want to be flustered and you don’t like surprises that much. Also I know you’re pretty awkward in sentimental situations so please read the letter after everyone’s gone to their rooms.” Jimin smiled. Yoongi was done unwrapping and held the gift high for everyone to see. It was a nice and humble watch. Yoongi’s face brightened up.

    “Oh my god! Thanks Jiminie. It’s more than I could ever want.” He smiled and then surprisingly he frowned for a second. “Did you go through my watch collection to see what I didn’t have? Was that why my collection was messy the other day?!?!” He jokingly punched Jimin in the arm as Jimin giggled and sat back down.

    “Well…” Yoongi continued. “This is probably the most awkward one today. I’m buying for Taehyung. I want to say a few things before I give my gift though.” He was looking straight into Tae’s eyes. “I know it’s been a long time and we’ve become close friends now but the other day I realised I never said all these things that should have been said a long time ago: I’m sorry I prejudged you before I got to know you. I still feel very bad about everything I said, I was acting stupidly and selfishly. Now that I get to know you better and better with every passing day, I’m really happy. You make me smile every time with your silly jokes, even when I act annoyed I’m always laughing inside. I’m also really happy that you’ve found love and you make Jimin happy the way I… couldn’t. I trust you to forever be the nice and goofy person you are. I hope you can forgive me for calling you ‘a stupid bully’-”

    He was cut off by Taehyung. “Yoongi it’s been three months now. I already forgave you a long time ago. You’re really cool and nice and I’m also happy that I got to know you. There are seriously no hard feelings left.” Tae smiled, followed by Yoongi. Seeing Yoongi genuinely gummy-smile was like a blessing to all. He took the gift from under the tree and handed it to Tae. Taehyung opened it carefully, it was a Gucci phone case.

    “Thank you very much Yoongi! You really didn’t have to! This must have costed you a lot!” Tae stood up and hugged him, this was a bold move because Yoongi rarely accepted hugs and everyone was surprised that he didn’t immediately push Taehyung away. Tae stopped hugging him almost a second later though, realising the crime he commited.

    “The money wasn’t the problem, I had some that I’ve been stashing away and also, everyone helped me a bit. Even Yoonji payed a little for that phone case. The real problem was figuring what a boy like you who had everything he liked under his hand and then keeping you from actually buying that.”

    “Oh my god I remember now! Jimin and I had a stupid fight because he said I was acting spoiled when I told him I wanted to buy a new phone case!” Tae faced his boyfriend. “Was that because of this?!”