Chapter six ~ hospital

Taehyung was once again lost in thought while he was walking home. He didn't know how to feel about the chemistry project. Good, because he had a chance to get close once again with Jungkook? Bad, because he had to listen to Jungkook insult him every lesson without looking too heartbroken? Angry, because Jungkook was still treating him like shit even though a year had passed? To be honest he didn't know if he had the same feelings for him anymore. He just wanted to be friends like before, he missed his company. He didn't need anybody else (especially someone who he'd known and trusted for so long) remind him that he was horrible.

He was saved from his thoughts with the notification sound. He reached for his phone.

Dad: "Son, I have a really important meeting between 4-6 pm. I can't be in the hospital. I left a note to your mom in case she wakes up. Can you please be there at least till I get back?"

He sighed while writing a "K" and headed for the hospital.

x X x

Taehyung expected his mom to be alone in her room. It was half past four and Namjoon's meeting had already started. So he was very startled when he heard muffled voices inside. He quickly pushed the door and he immediately regretted ever coming there.

"What the heck are you doing here boy?" said his mom's ex boyfriend, Ken. He sounded surprised and stressed at the same time like he didn't expect Tae to be there for his mom.

 He sounded surprised and stressed at the same time like he didn't expect Tae to be there for his mom

"She's my mom, I'm here to look after her if she wakes up. What are you doing here Ken?!" he spat his name. If there was one person he hated the most: it was Ken. He was the real reason his parents broke up and he rarely saw his mom. He was the reason his life sucked.

"No need for such hate kiddo. It was your mom who chose me over your father. Not the other way around. Though I gotta say your dad's pretty hot too-"

Taehyung was getting ready to throw himself on the guy standing right across the bed, smirking like he won. He stopped himself when he saw the flash of white in his hand.

"What are you holding?"

"Just a grocery list..."

"Can I see it?"

"Why?! I can read it right now. Milk, apples, rice, yoghurt-"

"I want to see it."

"No."

"I SAID GIVE IT TO ME"

"Actually, you never said tha-"

Ken was cut off by the highschool boy on him trying to get the paper out of his hand.

"DIDN'T YOU MESS MY LIFE UP ENOUGH? GET OUT!" Tae shouted when he finally got the paper. As he had suspected it was the note his father wrote.

"I gotta give it to you kiddo, you caught me off guard." Ken murmured as he left. "I'll be right outside."